Ended ER Doctor (4)
VACANCY: ER Doctor (4 Positions)
Position status: Full-time
Location: Al Udayn Hospital
Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, humanitarian, non-governmental organisation providing assistance to people in need as a result of natural and man-made disasters, irrespective of race, religion, ideology or politics
Treat patients in life-threatening conditions. Resuscitate or stabilize patients and refer them to the appropriate medical departments according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF Emergency Room protocols and values and universal hygiene standards.
- Diagnose and treat life threatening illnesses and injuries in the hospital emergency room.
- Assess and take decision whether to discharge, treat, or admit patients from the ER.
- In cases of severe acute trauma or illness, resuscitate and/or stabilize the patient by administering medications and conducting life-saving procedures.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment.
- Ensure the proper completion of ER form of the patient.
- Report to line manager immediately any relevant information.
- Punctuality in taking over shifts, flexibility in duty, proper hand over of patients at bed side to incoming colleague.
- Participation in weekly training to discuss about medical issues, and update knowledge.
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
- Non-use of stimulants like chewing khat during duty hours.
- Able to react quickly and make crisp decisions in an atmosphere of crisis
- Medical Doctor Degree and Medical Council licence. Desirable specialized in emergency care
- 2 year minimum experience as an Emergency Room Doctor
- Arabic and English languages essential
- Al Udayn
All interested applicants should submit a CV, ID copy and supporting documents (Certificates, Licence etc.)
To: firstname.lastname@example.org subject: “ER Doctor –Al Udayn” Or
in a sealed envelope with the subject: “ER Doctor – Al Udayn” to
Al Udayn Hospital, in the MSF CV box
Al Mazaheen Hospital, Far Al Udayn, in the MSF CV box
Deadline for submitting applications is at 5:00 PM, 18th of March 2019
Please note that only complete applications will be considered
Only short listed candidates will be contacted