Ended Cash Distribution/Transfer Officer
National Consultancy Position
Position: Cash Distribution/Transfer Officer
Job site: 1 position in Aden (with field missions to Hadramout, Lahj, Taiz and Aden)
Reports to: Project Manager and Cash Coordinator
Supervises: No staff under direct supervision of CDO – though CDO supervises the beneficiaries’ selection made by Social Workers.
Work together with: Project Manager Assistant, Activity Coordinators, Data-Entry, PDM Officers
Status: Full-time Staff
General: The Cash Distribution officer will oversee coordinating and supervising the provision of Protection Cash Assistance to the PoC identified.
INTERSOS is implementing a UNHCR funded project entitled: ‘Provision of life-saving protection services to IDPs and conflict affected PoCs in south Yemen’. The project will address some of the critical needs of IDPs and conflict-affected community in Taiz, Lahj, Aden, Hadramout as continuation and follow-up of the project carried out in 2018.
INTERSOS will support IDPs, Returnees and host communities/conflict affected local communities. The project will ensure: legal assistance, basic case management (providing PSS/PSFA and ensuring quality referral), and unconditional cash for the most vulnerable and high-risk cases. INTERSOS will conduct protection monitoring exercises in the targeted areas through a set of community-based protection monitoring teams (protection monitors combined with outreach volunteers from the IDP and host communities). The movements and needs of the IDPs will be constantly monitored and tracked and the proposed action might be redirected accordingly. Smart tools are used for information collection (household assessments and community level assessment) to better tailor assistance to IDPs and to be shared with other humanitarian partners. Eventually, local community will be empowered through support to Community Based Protection Network in hard to reach areas, which will flag protection concerns and function as a bridge between the communities and the services present on the ground.
- Provide guidance to the Social Workers in the identification, selection and registration of beneficiaries of cash assistance. The CDO will ensure such selection is made timely, transparently, and in accordance with the program guidelines related to cash assistance for protection cases;
- Prepare beneficiaries lists and share them timely with UNHCR/Cash Transfer Agency;
- Support the CTA in developing timely distribution plans;
- Support the CTA in organizing the disbursements;
- Participate in various field assessments and surveys including needs assessment, baseline surveys. Provide support to PDM officer in carrying out post distribution surveys;
- Regularly monitor program activities progress against program work-plan, promptly identifying any current or potential delay and provide timely inputs and feedback to the Project Manager;
- Compile and submit regular project updates/reports to the Management and promptly identify and recommend solutions to technical issues;
- Establish and maintain transparent, functional and respectful relationships with target communities, local representatives and partners to ensure the program is well understood and expectations are in line with the program objectives;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the line manager;
- Be available to train the Protection Team on the foundations of the Cash Transfer programming and ability to provide coaching on the job;
- Maintain confidentiality at all times and conduct all activities respectfully and in a way that is sensitive to the psychosocial needs of the case.
- Demonstrated familiarity with NGOs work in general and with Cash Transfer Programming in particular;
- Demonstrated experience in establishing partnerships and coordination of different stakeholders;
- Ability to make analysis and develop plan;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Familiarity with distribution cycle process and beneficiary’s selection;
- Familiarity with Microfinance Institutions and social transfers;
- Experience working with people from different backgrounds;
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy especially, PPT, Word, Excel);
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS
- Respect confidentiality of data and information
- Native Arabic – Advance written and spoken English will be an asset;
- Strong team spirit and willingness to cooperate with others;
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity;
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment;
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management;
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills;
- Practical and problem-solver;
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure;
- Deadline for submission of application: 19 March 2019
- Documents to be submitted: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered), in addition to contact details for minimum 2 reference persons (include position and relation)
- How to send the application: by e-mail to email@example.com (applications delivered by hand will be not considered)
- Clearly mention the job and location that you are applying for in the subject of your e-mail!