Ended Liaison Assistant
Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care.
Position: Liaison Assistant
Reporting to: Liaison & Communication Officer
For our program in Yemen, we are looking for (Liaison Assistant), based in Sana’a, to start as soon as possible.
Under the supervision of the Liaison & Communication Officer, the Liaison Assistant is in charge of administrative archives, operational works, and internal coordination, in accordance to MdM internal policy & regulation.
Administration & Archives
- Provide administrative support to the liaison and management.
- Draft, process, prepare, deliver and follow up letters and documents related to expatriate visas, movements, MoUs and any other documents related to the authorities.
- Realize copying, filing and scanning upon request.
- Prepare and archive documents.
- Issuance of all necessary authorizations such as road permits, visas and etc.
- Assist in joining field visits when needed.
- Draft documents, MoUs, sub agreements, UNHAS bookings and etc.
- Prepare and follow up on governmental and authoritative applications, official documents and etc.
- Assist in liaising with governmental authorities and communities when needed.
- Maintain an effective communication good relationship with authorities (MoPIC, MoH, MoI, Immigration services….), in order to help and facilitate MDM official’s procedures.
- Assist in creating and maintaining fields networks when needed.
- Follow up on legal requirements regarding international staff (visa/residency permit/pass…etc), clearance and NGO status-related. Update MDM doc accordingly.
- Translate documents from English to Arabic (official letter, information) when required.
- Participate to/take minutes of meetings when required.
- Participate in a pro-active way to MdM internal meetings (general, admin, security…)
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties.
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem.
- Perform other additional duties on request of the Liaison & Communication Officer.
- Respect MdM rules and regulations.
- Bachelor degree in any related field.
- At least one year of professional experience in similar field.
Other skills required:
- Advance English Language skills.
- Commitment to excellence and results oriented.
- Strong verbal and textual communication skills and proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships with related health and non-health stockholders.
- Excellent Computer skills and MS office such as, Excel and word.
- Knowledge and strong adherence to humanitarian principles and values.
- Send CV + cover letter (including job reference) by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- End of submission: Thursday, 21st March 2019.
- Please specify the name of the position applying for in the subject of the email.
Thanks to note that only the persons who will be seen on tests/interviews will be contacted.