Food Security and Livelihood Program Manager
Save the Children in Yemen is looking for eligible candidates for the positions of: Food Security and Livelihood Program Manager - Hajjah
The Food Security & livelihood Program Manager is responsible for the management and coordination of all food security programs implemented by Save the Children in the area of intervention (field site) and for the line management of field food security staff.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
Needs analysis and program design
- Design and participate in required assessments with assistance from FSL adviser.
- Contribute to situation analysis and participate actively in developing a food security and livelihood strategy
- Contribute in proposal development
- Define implementation modalities (identification and registration of beneficiaries, distribution, monitoring, etc.)
- Manage the implementation of high quality program activities in line with grant agreement and SC technical requirements
- Create detailed implementation plans, including phased budgets, M&E and indicator tracking plans for FSL project(s)
- Implement project activities – including food/cash transfer, food/cash-for-work, food for training and vocational training – ensuring that services are delivered on time and on budget
- Manage program budget lines and ensure proper and effective use of program resources
- Monitor progress of activities against detailed implementation plan, log frames while evaluating the relevance and appropriateness of the intervention.
- Identify programme supply needs and coordinate with logistics teams to put in place a sensible phased procurement plan.
- Monitor program progress against both programmatic and budgetary targets
- Prepare timely programme and donor reports on project activities in compliance with internal requirements and any relevant external donor requirements.
- Ensure that activities are appropriately planned and that delays and constraints are documented and solutions identified.
- Identify and ensure the timely supply of technical inputs required for program delivery
- Ensure programs are adequately resourced and manage budget lines for program activities ensuring appropriate spend
- Work with field teams to ensure that beneficiaries participate at every stage of the programme cycle and ensure accountability to the beneficiaries.
- Make frequent visit to project sites to provide technical and managerial guidance/support and identify issues that need timely action and support at different levels.
- Prepare and execute appropriate training plans with help from FSL Advisor for SC staff
- Strategically plan staffing needs to implement the FSL programme in north areas and work with HR team to recruit in line with approved awards
- Lead, manage and motivate staff under direct line management, ensuring that they have clear objectives and received meaningful feedback on their performance
Coordination and representation
- Attend inter-department meetings and represent SC in the coordination meetings
- In coordinate with other SC program to ensure effective programs integration in the areas of intervention.
- Ensure that proper collaboration and coordination is maintained with support services ( i.e. finance, logistics, HR monitoring and evaluation)
- Develop and maintain collaborative and effective partnership with NGOs/CSOs and government partners.
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLES
- At least university degree in social science, economics, Agriculture, or other discipline relevant to urban/rural livelihoods. Relevant experience instead of the formal education may be considered.
- Four years of experience working with development or humanitarian agencies, with at least three years experience in food security and livelihood interventions (Food / Commodity distribution, food security & livelihoods project).
- Proven experience in project cycle management and budget management
- Previous experience in proposal development and project design
- Good Organizational and Analytical Skills
- Capacity to organize and supervise the work of the team.
- Good human relations and diplomacy.
- Excellent analytical and report writing
- Background in Food Security projects (voucher/cash transfer, Food distribution, Agriculture, livestock, Monitoring, Assessment, etc)
- Computer knowledge (Word, Excel, SPSS)
- Fluent English is essential, Arabic language is desirable.
How to Apply
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.
Qualified and interested applicants please apply direct ( Link)
The deadline for receiving applications is 22nd /06/2021.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل