EcoSec Generalist Field Officer
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
EcoSec Generalist Field Officer
Contract type : Open Ended
Level of Post : B2
Number of Posts : 1 Post
Duty Station : Sa’ada
Economic Security Generalist 2 plans, implements and monitors the ICRC’s economic security (EcoSec) programme in line with the country strategy and under the supervision and guidance of their hierarchical superior
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Designs or adjusts data-collection tools.
- Collects data using data-collection tools and devices.
- Enters data into and maintains the survey database and the EcoSec Programme Management Tool (EPMT).
- Performs mid-level qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
- Describes results and produces data visualizations.
- Collects data using methods that are in line with the household economy approach.
- Collects and analyses market price data.
- Collects nutrition information at the household level; uses their basic understanding of malnutrition to identify vulnerabilities and nutritional shortcomings.
- Analyses strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT analysis) to identify possible response options.
- Contributes to identifying response options based on an analysis of EcoSec core components (food consumption/production, living conditions, income support and capacity-building).
- Contributes to designing a good method for registering beneficiaries.
- Contributes to developing methods, plans, implementation, logistics and reporting for aid distribution.
- Carries out on-site aid distributions.
- Contributes to designing and implementing voucher, fair, food/cash-for-work, cash transfer and microeconomic initiative programmes.
- Contributes to analyzing the security, socioeconomic, cultural and political environment as it relates to the ICRC. Contributes to internal reporting.
- Translates documents for internal use and interprets upon request.
- May contribute to providing supervision, guidance, support and appraisals for EcoSec staff at the B1 and B2 levels.
- Provides administrative support.
- Internally, interacts mainly with colleagues at the local level.
- Externally, maintains and develops a network of local/district-level contacts (members of the population, community leaders, authorities, NGOs, etc.) upon request from their direct supervisor.
- University degree in a related field, technical education or professional .
- Excellent command (spoken and written) of English.
Professional Experience Required
- 3–5 years’ experience in a similar field of activity.
- People management
- Team work & Collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- Beneficiary & Client focused
Interested candidates should send the following:
- A letter of motivation in English
- A detailed C.V. in English
- Copy only of the highest academic degree obtained + Work certificates
Please send your applications (by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject line: EcoSec Generalist Field Officer
Applications with no clear indication of the subject will not be considered
Deadline to send your application: 25.03.2019