Ended Administrative Assistant
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Contract type : Open Ended
Level of Post : B1
Number of Posts : 1 Post
Duty Station : Sa’ada
EcoSec Administrative Assistant 01 (hereafter referred as A. Assistant) works under the direct supervision of the EcoSec Delegate and is responsible primarily for the management of the program statistical data based on the internal tools and procedures, formulation of the monthly statistical reports, including other statistical reports when required. He/she regularly caries out data entry in the EcoSec EPMT database and shares the EPMT Monthly Reports with EcoSec EPMT Manager at SAN level. He/She is responsible for DTP documents collection, reconciliation, crosschecking and timely submission to DTP focal point at SAN level within 07 days of the intervention. He/she also performs secretarial tasks that are related primarily to the formulation of requisition orders (RO’s) concerning logistics, filing of the program documents and internal transmission of messages as required.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Contributes to the administrative and logistics procedures, by creating ROs, EPMT, MSRs and payment requests.
- Is responsible for the Distribution Tracking Project at Sub Delegation level and ensures all details are shared with his/her supervisor and eventually submitted to SAN EcoSec DTP focal point in timely manner, i.e. within 07 days of the activity.
- Filling and running the beneficiary database for all EcoSec programs in Yemen and keeping up-to-date with all EcoSec programs to enable timely response to queries from beneficiaries at all time.
- Follows up with the SAN team to ensure timely updates of the HR absence planner.
- Updates EcoSec contact list on monthly basis or with arrival/departure of EcoSec staff at sub delegation level (EcoSec).
- Creates and maintains paper or electronic files up-to-date.
- Follow-up on specific processes.
- Handles the external correspondence and coordinates with the Chancellery office. Prepares for meetings by setting up rooms and materials, including technical set-up for conference calls, presentations and video conferences.
- Carries out secretarial tasks such as making photocopies, destroying documents and managing stationary stocks.
- Applies information-management instructions and ensures compliance with procedures.
- Perform any other roles requested by the EcoSec department, such as attending coordination meetings and provides accurate reports
- Liaises with the GIS team on the production of program maps (for Sub Delegation EcoSec) based on the team’s monthly/quarterly/annual statistical updates
- If-when required, supports EPMT users and guides them through the e-learning system,
- Internally interacts at the Sub Delegation level with EcoSec and other concerned departments (logistics, finance,
- High school diploma or equivalent training.
- Excellent command of English
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite, SharePoint and IBM Lotus Notes.
Professional Experience Required
- Two years' experience in a secretarial position.
- Experience of international organizations an asset.
- People management
- Team work & Collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- Beneficiary & Client focused
Interested candidates should send the following:
• A letter of motivation in English
• A detailed C.V. in English
• Copy only of the highest academic degree obtained + Work certificates
Please send your applications by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject line: Administrative Assistant
Applications with no clear indication of the subject will not be considered
Deadline to send your application: 25.03.2019