Ended Logistics Manager
Job Title" Logistics manager
Location: Ibb office
Reporting to: Logistics coordinator / field site coordinator
International Medical Corps (“IMC”) is a non-profit, non-political international organization that provides medical relief, nutrition, health care training, and development programs
The Logistics Manager is responsible for logistics support activities required at Ibb coordination office level and follows IMC procedures to ensure timely implementation of those activities. This includes, Asset management, Fleet management, Warehouse & inventory management, Transport and Distribution.
The Logistics Manager contributes to ensuring that IMC’s commitment to improving quality and accountability in humanitarian work is upheld, through reference to the Sphere Charter, IMC Minimum Standards and the NGO Code of Conduct, and endeavors to implement sustainable systems and transfer knowledge and skills to existing staff.
This requires a highly motivated and detail solution-oriented individual who will be able to resolve operational critical challenges as they arise
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Part of Ibb logistics team and assist the Logistics coordinator in the definition and follow-up of logistics activities related to Assets, fleet, Warehousing, transport, customs clearance and distribution, in conjunction with other project managers in order to identify and give a response to the needs of the targeted population.
- Monitor on a day-to-day basis the implementation of logistics/technical activities in the projects at the assigned field sites (, Assets, Fleet, stocks, infrastructures, communications, etc.) ensuring compliance of IMC standards, protocols and procedures, and reporting to the Senior Logistics Coordinator on the development of the ongoing programs.
- Ensures good warehousing & inventory management systems are implemented and storage facilities are up the standards as per IMC warehousing guidelines.
- Ensure a well-functioning fleet system with sound fuel control mechanisms
- Focal person for accurate asset management systems and updated records of assets across all IMC Yemen field sites
- Supports the warehouse and logistics officers to ensure GIK’S are adequately followed, recorded and reported
- Participate in the planning together with the Logistics Coordinator, the Field Coordinator in the field in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required to correctly perform all logistics activities.
- As a technical referent at Sana’a level for all logistics/technical issues ensures both logistics and programs staff are well conversant with logistics procedures through coaching and trainings.
- Monitors technical aspects of the logistics function risk reduction, in areas of, stock management, assets, GIk’s and fleet by ensuring all procedures are followed correctly and in timely manner.
- Collaborates with other field/coordination Log managers to ensure timely delivery of logistics support.
- Contributes to monthly reports according to guidelines. Ensures compliance to all IMC and donor regulations & policies. Ensure logistics accurate and updated reports related to assets, vehicle performance, and Generator performance, GIK reports, warehouses stock inventories are compiled, reviewed and submitted in a timely manner. Drives supply chain & logistics performance at assigned field sites to agreed levels.
- Degree or Diploma in Procurement/Supply Chain Management/Logistics or related field.
- At least 5 years of general logistics experience and at least 3-4 years preferable in an International NGO’s humanitarian organizations.
- Expertise in medical logistics with specific background in cholera response is a preferred requirement.
- High computer literacy level with expected proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF, Photoshop and Internet.
- Ability to work independently, take personal initiative, and multi-task including strong facilitation skills in an ever-changing dynamic operational environment
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to coach others and work in a team environment with experience in conducting training.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cultural awareness and ability to work effectively in an operational environment.
- Experience in negotiating service agreements with vendors and suppliers & contract management/ supplier relationship management.
- The capability and willingness to be flexible and accommodating in sometimes difficult and challenging work situations.
- Commitment to and understanding of IMC’s aims, values and principles.
Experience with recognized international NGO will be an added advantage
“International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability or status as a veteran.”
Candidates need to submit their CVs to IMC-TaizHR@internationalmedicalcorps.org and They need to write the title of the position they apply for in the "email subject line"