Project Assistant (4)
Project Assistant (4)- Aldhalee
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Ad-Dhalee, Saadah and Al Jawf.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Project Assistant (4)
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Contract Duration: 6 months
- Manage the team of daily workers
- Ensures all activities are in line with general protection principles as relevant, including maintaining the confidentiality of beneficiaries and colleagues.
Meetings / Coordination
• Coordinate with project colleagues, notably community mobilizers, engineer teams, and M&E
• Participate in external coordination meetings as requested by the project officer
• Organizes and participates in external meetings with community leaders and cooperatives, as requested by the project officer
- Implement the activities on the field as agreed with the project officer
- Ensure community acceptance of the project through positive interactions and clear communication to beneficiaries and communities in the field.
- Take into consideration the AMEU’s recommendations as communicated by the project officer
- Coordinate with contractors as requested by the project officer
- Provide a regular and timely report on the activities implemented for the project officer
- Coordinate with database team to ensure the data entry
- Take photos and draft occasional success stories as identified in the field and by PD team.
- Report ideas and information from project staff or field visits, which may assist in future project proposals. Such information will be included in reports.
Security & Liaison
- Consider safety and security in the field for the team and the beneficiaries
- Immediately report all incidents to the project officer
- Diploma or university degree in a relevant subject
- Minimum one-year experience in a similar position, preferably with a non-governmental organization
- Able to access and work in the following districts of Al Dhale’e governorate: Al Dhale'e, Qatabah, AShu'ayb, and Al Hussein districts
- Good communication skills required, as well as the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently with a variety of audiences (e.g. beneficiaries, community committees, and other team members)
- Experience in conducting training.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Sensitive to gender issues and Gender Equity and Diversity (GED) principles.
- Good computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required.
- Good working English skills required.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: “Aldhalee Project Assistant” and rename your CV as First/Last name + Aldhalee Project Assistant
- The closing date for applications is on Monday 25th of March 2019.
- Candidates from Aldhalee are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date.
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification