Ended Project Officer (3)
Project Officer (3)- Aldhalee
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Ad-Dhalee, Saadah and Al Jawf.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Project Officer (3)
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Contract Duration: 6 months
- Manage the team of project(s) assistant and community mobilisers on daily basis
- Capacity building of the team
- Ensures all activities are in line with general protection principles as relevant, including maintaining the confidentiality of beneficiaries and colleagues.
Meetings / Coordination
- Coordinate with project colleagues, notably community mobilizers, engineer teams and M&E
- Participate in external coordination meetings as requested by the manager
- Ensure the documentation, information related to the project and decisions taken by the deputy program manager or above are communicated to the entire team. Also, ensure the information from field team are communicated to the deputy program manager
- Organizes and participates in external meetings with community leaders and cooperatives, as requested.
- Responsible for the timely and quality implementation of the activities in the area of implementation of the project
- Assists the deputy project manager in the planning of the activities and development of SOP for the activities
- Prepare the activities material and oversee their implementation on the field
- Ensure community acceptance of the project through positive interactions and clear communication to beneficiaries in the field.
- Takes into consideration the AMEU’s recommendations after approval from Project Manager and PM and/or AC.
FLAT management of the activities
- Follow up with the logistic department the status of field stocks related to the project and car rental
- Follow up with Finance department notably on the processes of advances opening and closure
- Follow up with HR department notably on the process of hiring daily workers
- Provide a regular and timely report on the activities implemented for the deputy program manager.
- Coordinate with database team to ensure the data entry
- Take photos and draft occasional success stories as identified in the field and by PD team.
- Reports ideas and information from project staff or field visits, which may assist in future project proposals. Such information will be included in reports.
Security & Liaison
- Considers safety and security in the field for the team and the beneficiaries
- Immediately report all incidents to the security focal point.
- Ensure all movements are authorized with permits from the authorities
- Responsible to communicate with DPM and S&L team regarding the activities to be implemented and in need for DE confliction
- A university degree in a related field
- Minimum 3-year experience in a similar position, preferably with a non-governmental organization
- Able to access and work in the following districts of Al Dhale’e governorate: Al Dhale'e, Qatabah, AShu'ayb, and Al Hussein districts
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity (esp. gender and ethnicity) is required
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, as well as the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently with a variety of audiences (e.g. beneficiaries, community committees, and other team members)
- Strong leadership and organizational skills are required
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities, work efficiently under pressure and in changing circumstances
- Very strong English skills required
- Excellent computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
- Understanding of the principles of non-governmental organizations is an asset.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV in English to: email@example.com
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: Aldhalee Project Officer and rename your CV as (First/Last name + Aldhalee Project Officer).
- The closing date for applications is on ’Monday 25th of March 2019.
- Candidates from Aldhalee are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification