ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Ad-Dhalee, Saadah and Al Jawf.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Cleaner (GH)
Contract Type: Fixed term
Contract Duration: 6 months, renewable
- keep rooms, dining rooms and corridors tidy
- Change the bed sheets, pillow sheets of the Guests rooms
- Handle laundry and ironing
- Keep the hygiene and tidiness of the kitchen and make sure the refrigerator is clean all the time;
- Clean the kitchen after each time of meals every day;
- Clean toilets 3 times a day
- Clean the carpets with the Vacuum cleaner at least twice a week
- Take garbage from the rooms twice and ensure the garbage is collected by collector regularly
- Clean window glasses twice a month
- Clean the doors monthly
- prepare coffee/tea for guests during working hours
- keep the yard clean
- Supervise and accompany the procurement of refreshments
- Respond quickly and effectively to any sanitation-related emergencies
- Report to supervisors ahead in case of absence
- Extend other assistance to the department when required.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience):
- Education: Literate
- Minimum working experience: 1/2 Years in the same field
- Good in both English and Arabic
- Reliability, Punctuality and Commitment
- Good awareness of hygiene and safety
- Organized and has good archiving and filing skills
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV in English to email@example.com
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: "Cleaner (GH)-Sanaa”.
- The closing date for applications is Monday, 25 March 2019.
- Candidates must rename CV: (First & Surname + Cleaner (GH) - Sanaa)
Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date.
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification