International Relief and Development, (IRD), is a non-profit organization specializing in international development and humanitarian assistance in over 40 countries and has been working in Yemen for eight year. IRD has been working with communities in the Republic of Yemen since 2010 to identify and address underlying causes of conflict, promote community participation and activism, improve health and hygiene, assist refugees and asylum-seekers, and provide third-party monitoring for donor-supported infrastructure improvements. IRD Yemen is seeking to fill the following position to implement its Programs in Yemen:
Community participation and activism, improve health and hygiene, assist refugees and asylum-seekers, and provide third-party monitoring for donor-supported infrastructure improvements. IRD Yemen is seeking to fill the following position to implement its Programs in Yemen:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Sana’a – IRD Main office.
Duration: 9 months
Under the Supervision of the Country Director, the Finance Manager is responsible for the overall financial functions of the IRD Office in Yemen. S/he is responsible for accounting of monthly expenditures, finance and budget planning, management, control, and reporting in support of IRD operation in Yemen.
She/he will manage all financial related personnel, including subcontractors, as well as provide management and oversight to ensure that adequate and appropriate internal controls are in place to meet generally recognized accounting standards. In addition, s/he will manage all bookkeeping, bank accounts, and cash flows to ensure sufficient funds are available for effective and efficient implementation.
Specific Job Functions:
Under the direction of Under the Supervision of the Country Director, the Finance Manager will:
- Maintain financial systems and controls to ensure the efficiency, accuracy, integrity and transparency of all finance activities in accordance with IRD financial systems, guidelines, Donor requirements, national legal requirements, and internationally accepted accounting standards.
- Supervise and manage the Finance team in IRD main office in Sana’a.
- Manage all daily transactions for expenses, cash and cheque payments, reconciliations… etc;
- Prepare monthly fund request to HQ in coordination with Program Managers and senior management;
- Produce accurate financial reports to specific deadlines;
- Supervise and manage monthly closing of Quickbook accounts, bank balances, petty cash… etc;
- Ensure budget tracking system for all programs, and maintain data on expenditures by line item;
- Generate budget pipelines for expenditure with IRD Senior management;
- Ensure effective filing of all hard copies, and ensure all paperwork and supporting documentation are accurate and present when needed;
- Supervise monthly payroll for IRD Staff, volunteers, consultants… etc;
- Assist and support Senior Management in the preparation of budgets for project proposals.
- Ensure the effective and efficient working of budgetary, accounting, reporting and internal control
- systems for the main office.
- Ensures timely preparation and delivery of standard financial reports, on a monthly and quarterly basis in a manner that can enhance greater transparency and accountability
- Ensures the preparation and timely delivery of financial reports according to the specific requirements of the various projects implemented with partners
- Facilitates the conduct of a periodic audit as may be required internally by IRD and externally by its partners.
- Provides adequate oversight to the budget performance to ensure that cost control mechanisms are strictly applied to avoid deficits and cost over runs
- Monitors the implementation of standardized procurement procedures at all levels; takes the necessary corrective actions, in cooperation with the concerned departments including units and field office, in case of violation
- Ensures that the required logistics capacities and facilities are available, with a reliable system of control, to support IRD’s operations at all levels
- Closely works with other departments and ensure that the necessary support service elements are considered in the planning and management of other IRD activities
- Liaise with and assist external auditor in respect of annual financial statements and related matters.
- To be deal with local authorities regarding to Taxes and social security.
- To monitor the procurements the procurement transactions and procedures.
Required Skills & Experience:
- At least a Graduate B/A in Finance is required.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English language and Arabic skills.
- At least one year working experience in an international NGO.
For all positions, applicants should send a CV and covering letter in English, to email@example.com with the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email. The closing date for applications is Wednesday, 20thMarch, 2019.