Ended Mental Health Officer
Position: Mental Health Officer
Location: Sana’a /Dhamar
Reports to: Project Manager
Duration: Till December 31, 2019 renewable based on fund availability and performance
About RI: Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 16 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty. Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
The mental health officer will support design and development of the foundations of mental health interventions for RI in Yemen and contribute for a culture and practice of high-quality Mental Health programming in emergencies.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Supports quality program design and implementation through research and documentation of best practices and approaches,
- Contributes to training curricula development and implementation of capacity building trainings
- Supports the development of guidance documents, operational procedures, case studies, models and other materials related to mental health and psychosocial support for internal and external dissemination
- Establishes and maintains an internal library of mental health resources
- Establishes and maintains a mental health community of practice among the different program staff
- Supports the development and implementation of staff wellbeing initiatives (as per RI duty of care policies)
- Supports development, monitor implementation, and analysis of mental health assessment tool for use with field offices to evaluate the level of mental health capacity per facility
- Supports the development and implementation of mental health workshops for external stakeholders and mental health for clinical staff in HF’s as needed, provides mental health technical support to the Yemen program
- Supports the development of training and awareness materials on mental health for staff at the WCFS, awareness teams and other RI Yemen program components.
Qualifications & requirements:
- Master’s degree or higher in mental health, psychology, social work, counseling or related field with post-licensure experience particularly in one of the four specializations: Clinical Psychology, Counselling Psychology, Social work (with additional psychological therapy qualification), Psychiatry (with additional psychological therapy qualification)
- Minimum of two years of professional experience in implementing emergency response programs in Yemen;
- Experience with emergency mental health/crisis interventions
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of global mhGAP guidelines and best practices
- Knowledge of mhGAP approaches in low resource and humanitarian contexts
- Research and/or monitoring experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and strategic planning skills required;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues.
- Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook/Exchange, Windows operating systems
- Proficiency in Excel, SPSS, or another statistical analysis software preferred
- Excellent oral and written Arabic language communication skills required
- Advanced proficiency in oral and written English will be desirable
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to Click Here for submitting their application by midnight
March 18, 2019.
RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted