Ended WASH Project Officer
Position: WASH Project Officer.
Vacancy Reference Number: WO_SNA19
PURPOSE OF DIVISION:
The WASH department works with country program team in identifying, planning, implementing and evaluating of WASH projects/programs in collaboration with local, national and international partners, The aim of WASH department is to improve the health and socioeconomic well-being of conflict affected communities by reducing the incidence of water- and sanitation-related diseases through sustainable safe water, sanitation, and hygiene practices.
Under the supervision of WASH Coordinator, WASH project officer will be responsible for the planning and implementation of all WASH activities under this project in the governorates of Amran, Saada and Hodeida. Responsibilities shall include developing monthly plans based on the master plan, ensuring the implementation of all activities to achieve expected results, staff supervision and mentoring, reporting and data collection, identification of unmet needs and participation in the office coordination team. The post is specifically oriented towards the WASH response in emergency context of the crisis in these three governorates, and special attention will be given to integration of the WASH sector in other core sectors of Islamic Relief such as nutrition, food security, and livelihood
- Technical WASH assessments and participation in the selection of target water sources to be rehabilitated, through technical feasibility studies, household level questionnaires, focus group discussions, facilities and site visits, and interviews with key community members
Program Design and Implementation
- Implement and monitor monthly activity plans to achieve expected results. This includes planning of activities, budgets and procurement.
- Ensure that all planned activities are implemented on time, to quality measures and within budget as per the monthly plan. Where challenges arise
- With assist of WASH Coordinator review and approve BOQs, drawings and specifications prepared by project technical staff.
- Prepare reports on regular basis including weekly, monthly and quarterly reports according to IRY policy with indicating the challenges, success stories, progress rates comparing to the project work plan and time schedule.
- Facilitate the work by conducting excellent coordination with local authorities and related stakeholders to ensure smooth implementation of activities and secure movement of team supervising ongoing activities.
- Identify WASH gaps/needs on the ground of work and prepare assessment reports with close frequent coordination with WASH Coordinator.
- Coordinate across different project activities to ensure that they are synchronized in a logical order.
- Lead the preparation of all procurement and administrative documents required for project implementation.
- Technically support the engineers to supervise contractors to ensure work is completed as per the specification and safety standards, is within budget and is signed off by the appropriate authority in timely manner.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
- Verify that project activities and works are carried out according to quality standards established by Islamic Relief through quality checklists
- Plan and be responsible for the weekly reporting of data in order to follow up the standard project and strategic indicators (number of beneficiaries, number and type of activities completed).
- Weekly report to WASH Coordinator, verbal reports whenever necessary
Integration, Coordination of Cross-cutting Aspects
- Ensure that rehabilitation of water sources is integrated with hygiene promotion and community participation to ensure sustainability of the activities.
- Coordinate Project activities with other local actors at the district and governorate level.
- Ensure integration of gender, child protection, disability, HIV, environment and other crosscutting issues to the design, implementation and development of WASH construction activities, and ensure that activities take into account the needs of specific groups and individuals, especially children, the elderly and disabled
Degree in civil engineering, construction management or Architecture.
B) EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Professional experience of 3-5 years minimum.
- Organization, coordination and planning skills
- Proficiency with MS Office applications and AutoCAD software
- Ability to listen and adapt
- Good personal skills
- Strong Knowledge of local language
- working knowledge of oral and written English language
- Yemeni National
- Direct experience in the geographical area targeted by Islamic Relief
- Experience working with an international NGO
Additional job responsibilities
- The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the Post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Core Values (Required) :
- Diversity and Inclusion.
Core Competencies (Required):
- Working with People.
- Drive for Results.
Functional Competencies (Required):
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts.
- Planning and Organizing.
D) PROBLEM SOLVING (Thinking Environment)
- Ability to deal with complex situation and solve issues and problems
E) WORKING CONDITIONS AND LEVEL OF TRAVEL REQUIRED
- Based in Sanaa, with frequent travel to the Field and communities of intervention
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to Click Here .
- All applications must include the vacancy reference number in the Reference No.
- Qualified Females are strongly encouraged to apply
- Only Short –listed candidates will be contacted.