Ended Logistics Assistant
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
No of position: 1 Position
Deadline: March 16th, 2019
Contract Type: Service Contract
Duration: 4 Months renewable based on funding availability
Duty Station: Based in Ibb/Taiz Offices with visits to RDP’s Head and Field Offices
Probationary Period: Three months
Reporting to: Senior Logistics Officer
Relief and Development Peer Foundation (RDP)
RDP is a Yemeni national non-profit and non-governmental organization aiming to mitigate the suffering of communities affected by disasters, wars, and increase social responsibility to contribute effectively and positively on the development process.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in all procurement tasks as per RDP’s Procurement Handbook.
- Prepare weekly records of logistics and fleet management activities.
- Update the procurement tracking sheet on a daily basis.
- Liaise with RDP main office on all items that are not locally available.
- Maintain regular follow up with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of goods as per contracts signed.
- Ensure assets register and inventory for (Ibb/ Taiz) offices are up-to-date in all times.
- Constantly monitor inventory tagging and recording in accordance with the RDP/Donor guidelines.
- Ensure RDP warehouse is managed according to RDP’s warehouse management guidelines and that records are well maintained.
- Ensure that all items in the warehouse are properly numbered and tagged, and all deliveries and goods issued are properly stored.
- Assist in vehicle fleet management including the distribution of medicine/ nutrition materials transport needs.
- Ensure all vehicles meet RDP requirements for safety, management of vehicle running logs, booking and assignment of vehicles.
- Assist in monitoring the car pool to ensure optimal use, which includes service and maintenance etc.
- Ensure that log books are always filled in and maintain an updated overview of expenses for each vehicle.
- Organize files and maintain them updated both manually and electronically.
- Prepare purchase requests, good receipt notes, and any other RDP logistic forms.
- Assist in appropriate documentation of all logistics operations.
- Any other task as requested by direct supervisor.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- University degree in Engineering, Logistics, Pharmacy, Business Management or other related field.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a similar position.
- Proficiency in English & Arabic is essential.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet, etc.
- An honest and trustworthy person.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with the staff and other stakeholders.
- Able to work under pressure and under harsh living conditions.
- Ideally flexible to work beyond office working hours when needed.
- Excellent organizational skills, self-motivated and efficient, with willingness to pay attention to details.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility.
- Previous experience in working with NGOs.
Commitment to the Humanitarian Principles
RDP is committed to the fundamental of the humanitarian principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, proclaimed in Vienna in 1965 by the 20th International Conference of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
The core of our mission is to alleviate people's suffering, protect human dignity and empower societies. Hence, RDP puts these principles to practice and it fully adheres to the national Humanitarian Principles including: the Humanity, Impartiality, Independence and Neutrality principles.
Interested candidates should send their Resumes in English to email@example.com not later than March 17th 2019, putting the job title as the email subject to be considered. Resumes will be considered on a rolling-basis and candidates are encouraged to apply early.
For more information about RDP, please visit our website at http://rdpf.org