Ended HR and Admin Assistant
Job Title: HR and Admin Assistant
No of position: 1 Position
Deadline: March 17th, 2019
Contract Type: Service Contract
Duration: 3 Months renewable based on funding availability
Duty Station: Based in Sana’a
Probationary Period: Three months
Reporting to: Senior HR and Admin Officer
Relief and Development Peer Foundation (RDP)
RDP is a Yemeni national non-profit and non-governmental organization aiming to mitigate the suffering of communities affected by disasters, wars, and increase social responsibility to contribute effectively and positively on the development process.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain employee’s personnel records ensuring timely and accurate records.
- Support in maintaining confidential documents related to staff and coordinate to process new hire and exit and termination process paperwork.
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data, by collecting timesheets and attendance records, absences and leaves.
- Follow up on staff contracts.
- Prepare paperwork for HR policies and procedures.
- Update leave balance of the staff.
- Process employees’ requests and provide relevant information.
- Collaborate with the Recruiter to post job ads on careers pages and process incoming resumes.
- Assist in consultation with the Senior HR officer in some HR functions such as recruitment, onboarding, clearance, trainings and annual appraisals.
- Prepare reports and presentations for internal communications.
- Provide orientations for new employees by sharing onboarding packages and explaining policies.
- Receive incoming calls and direct them to appropriate staff, make outgoing calls for the staff as appropriate.
- Organize and schedule appointments including plan meetings and take detailed minutes.
- Arrange for Workshops and Seminars.
- Provide secretarial support such as typing, takings minutes, drafting letters, and translation of English or Arabic documents etc.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports.
- Develop and maintain a filing system.
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures.
- Order office supplies, stationary and generator fuel, research new deals and suppliers.
- Maintain RDP contact lists.
- Liaise with the Senior HR Officer in Monitoring and coordinate timely contract renewals, preparation of ID cards, hiring, notice and termination letters.
- Be responsible on all lease agreement and service contracts and liaise with finance to ensure timely payment of utilities, lease agreements, telephone bills, service contractors, hotel invoices, travel agency invoices, etc.
- Ensure office reception is well managed, organized and attended to, at all times, receiving guests, directing them, as well as receiving and dispatching calls (i.e. seating, visibility, notice board, tidiness, etc.).
- Be familiar with, and able to answer queries on, all aspects of terms of employment, code of conduct and discipline regulations in compliance with RDP’s staff Onboarding Guide/HR manual and other employee policies.
- Day to day management of the office including direct supervision of cleaners/cooks/janitor, etc.
- Handel any purchases related to the Admin and HR Dept. and arrange with courier service providers for any logistics of packages.
- Travel booking arrangements.
- Provide general support to visitors.
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or any relevant field.
- Commitment, honesty and reliability.
- Proven work experience as an HR and Administrative or office assistant.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint, in particular).
- Knowledge of labor Law and office management systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Teamwork skills creativity and flexibility.
- Previous experience in working with NGOs.
Commitment to the Humanitarian Principles
RDP is committed to the fundamental of the humanitarian principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, proclaimed in Vienna in 1965 by the 20th International Conference of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
The core of our mission is to alleviate people's suffering, protect human dignity and empower societies. Hence, RDP puts these principles to practice and it fully adheres to the national Humanitarian Principles including: the Humanity, Impartiality, Independence and Neutrality principles.
Interested candidates should send their Resumes in English to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than March 17th 2019, putting the job title as the email subject to be considered. Resumes will be considered on a rolling-basis and candidates are encouraged to apply early.
For more information about RDP, please visit our website at http://rdpf.org