Ended Communication Officer
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Contract type : Open Ended
Number of Posts : 1 Post
Duty Station : Taiz (temporarily based out of the ICRC’s Mission in Aden)
The Communication Officer 2 contributes to the design, planning and implementation of Communication projects and activities in coordination with the management of the field structure and /or country communication and prevention manager. S/he contributes to representing the ICRC externally and to building the necessary understanding, acceptance and support of the ICRC among key stakeholders.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Contributes to the definition of communication and prevention objectives, strategies and plans of action for the area covered, in line with the priorities of the field structure and/or the delegation's communication and/or prevention strategy.
- With minimum supervision, implements relevant activities and develop tools for operational communication; community engagement; IHL promotion; building NS communication capacity; public communication, digital communication; information analysis/environment scanning; religious circles; public affairs and resource mobilization.
- Supports the head of the field structure and/or the country communication and prevention manager in networking with relevant stakeholders and represents the ICRC with various audiences.
- Follows political, security, military and humanitarian developments, as well as other issues related to the ICRC's reputation/perception and capacity to operate in the geographic area covered, contributing to analysis.
- Interprets and translates from and into local language in support of Communication programs when required.
- Provides technical and administrative support to the Communication team (e.g. archiving, stock management, event organization).
- Supports communication-related training and coaching for staff of field structures and/or other departments when needed.
- University degree or equivalent in a relevant field such as communications, political science, international relations, journalism.
- Fluent spoken and written English,
- Computer skills (proficiency in MS Office); familiarity with digital communication tools
Professional Experience Required
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience in a field relevant to communication.
- Experience in an ICRC operation an asset.
- Knowledge of international humanitarian law and the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement is an asset.
- Good knowledge of the political, social and media environment in Yemen (with a specialized knowledge of Taiz governorate)
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- Beneficiary- and client-focused
Interested candidates should send the following:
- A letter of motivation in English
- A detailed CV in English
- Copy only of the highest academic degree obtained and work certificates
Please send your applications by email to: Tai_Taiz@icrc.org
Indicating in the subject line: Communication Officer 2
Applications with no clear indication of the subject will not be considered.
Deadline to send your application: 21.03.2019