CARE International is currently seeking a Driver. He will undertake and complete all driving tasks and requirements, provide support services to staff and projects, any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
As part of the CARE administration team, the driver will undertake and complete all driving tasks and requirements, provide support services to staff and projects, any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Provide Driving Services:
- Ensure that all vehicle users are following the CARE rules for vehicle usage and as per guidance and instruction by the relevant officials.
- Drive the CARE car to the different regions in Yemen, where the CAREs interventions are required
- Follow CARE's procedures in driving and handling the repayments and maintenance related issues
- Drive at a speed which is adjusted to the road and weather conditions, to drive with consideration for the safety of the passenger/s, other road users and the technical state of the vehicle.
- Wear a seat belt and ensuring that the passengers in the front seats also wear their seat belts at all times when the vehicle is in motion.
- Ensure the safe parking
- Keep the car up to the required standards for cleanliness
- Maintain record of daily official/personal (if allowed) usage, with date, kilometers used, change of oil and service
- Help the staff traveling on official business by giving and taking advice regarding the time of travel and route.
- Relay questions or concerns to CARE staff while not making any personal comments to the community
- Update line manger about the required car care/maintenance/problems
- Keep the first aid box updated; protect all equipment (jack, extra tire, fire extinguisher, and other equipment provided with car). Make a list of car’s equipment, ensure presence and functionality daily of all equipment before travelling and after returning.
- Park car in secure location; take care of the personal and official belongings inside.
- Return all official and personal belonging left behind in the car
- Make sure the car is prepared and fueled before starting any travel to the field.
- Assist the project by distributing letters and documents, making copies, and storing/shifting/loading/unloading any materials as per instructed by line manager
- Act responsibly by:
- Not exerting pressure to any CARE staff member in order to complete assignments or fieldwork quickly and return early.
- Not to be selective who will or will not travel.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Preferably bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field
- Driver’s license
- 5 years of experience driving cars
- 2-3 years of experience working with INGOs
- Background and related experience in safety, security with an INGO or similar organization.
- High level of interpersonal skills and patience
- Good understanding of vehicle maintenance
- Good reading and writing skills in Arabic
- Good written and oral English and Arabic skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrated high attention to details.
- While working independently, able to follow supervisor’s instructions
- Demonstrable commitment to gender-sensitive practices
Interested applicants should send a CV (English) by March 21st, 2019 to email@example.com with the subject heading ‘Driver – Sana’a’. Please do not apply unless you meet minimum application requirements, otherwise you will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.