Ended Hygiene Promotion Officer - Roving
CARE International is currently seeking a Hygiene Promotion Officer - Roving. She/ He will be a roving staff (80% based in different field bases). He/She works closely with the WASH Advisor and WASH Team Leaders to technically support Hygiene Promotion Teams in CARE Yemen program Areas.
Hygiene Promotion Officer - Roving
The Hygiene promotion Officer will be a roving staff (80% based in different field bases). He/She works closely with the WASH Advisor and WASH Team Leaders to technically support Hygiene Promotion Teams in CARE Yemen program Areas. She/he ensures focuses on capacity building of Hygiene Promotion Teams for both CARE and partner staff ensuring that quality issues of the program are addressed. He/she coordinates with the Senior WASH Engineer to arrange field trips and technical support to WASH Teams.
Hygiene Promotion Technical Support:
- Lead in designing/developing hygiene promotion related documents focussing on improving Knowledge, attitude and practices.
- Develop an effective community mobilisation strategy for targeted communities in CARE areas.
- Works with field teams to identify and recommend appropriate hygiene promotion methodologies.
- Provide onsite technical support /advice to hygiene promotion teams on effective hygiene promotion approaches.
- Work with the WASH advisor in development of technical guidelines, hygiene promotion SOPs and hygiene promotion strategy.
Hygiene Promotion Assessments and Project Design:
- Work with WASH Advisor in developing hygiene promotion assessment tools and supporting field teams in conducting hygiene related assessments.
- Contribute to development and preparation of WASH concept notes.
- Work with the WASH advisor in reviewing and preparation of new WASH proposals.
- Support field teams in development of technical evaluations, studies and preparation of hygiene promotion activity budgets for proposed WASH proposals.
- Take technical lead in conducting KAP surveys, PDMs and any other hygiene promotion related assessments.
Project Planning, Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Support field teams in developing hygiene promotion activities action plans for project implementation.
- Review all hygiene promotion program activities with the field hygiene promotion teams in coordination with the WASH advisor and Area managers prior to commencement of activities.
- Work with hygiene promotion teams to track all hygiene promotion activities in various projects and ensure set objectives are met.
- Coordinate with senior WASH engineer, the WASH team leaders and ensure hygiene promotion activities remain and integral part of the WASH program.
- Develop and roll out new hygiene promotion approaches including IEC materials.
- Support hygiene promotion officer and ensure activities are implemented as planned.
- Undertake regular field visits to verify quality of hygiene promotion activities and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Ensure hygiene promotion activities at both community level and institution levels (health facilities and schools) meet set standards.
- Take lead in conducting and analysis of hygiene promotion evaluations such as KAP surveys, PDMs etc.
- Support WASH team leaders in preparation of hygiene promotion reports.
Trainings and Capacity Building:
- Work with the WASH advisor to conduct capacity assessment for CARE WASH and partner hygiene promotion teams.
- Work with WASH advisor to prepare and roll out capacity building programs for hygiene promotion teams for both CARE and partners.
- Review hygiene promotion related training plans, materials for field teams in collaboration with WASH team leaders.
Coordination and Representation:
- Represent CARE in hygiene/health promotion related WASH technical working groups and provide feedback to WASH advisor and Area Managers.
- Participate in WASH/health cluster meetings at national and regional level when necessary.
- Coordinate with the different WASH/Health related ministries both at national and field level to ensure hygiene promotion programs are harmonized with national and cluster guidelines.
- Work with WASH advisor to represent and participate in any other WASH related fora.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science Degree in Public health promotion or Nursing, health education.
- A Master degree in a field related to public health promotion preferred.
- At least 5 years of managing multi donor hygiene promotion projects.
- Experience in community mobilization, hygiene promotion at both community level and in institutions like health facilities and schools an advantage.
- A good command of spoken and written English and Arabic a MUST.
- People management skills and demonstrated ability to lead teams.
- Knowledge of data analysis software an advantage.
- Knowledge of integrated WASH and linkage between hardware and software an advantage.
- Computer literate in MS office word, Excel, power point and internet.
- Must be professional, organized and able to work quickly.
- Able to pay attention to detail.
- While working independently, able to follow supervisor’s instructions.
- Demonstrable commitment to gender-sensitive practices
Interested applicants should send a CV (English) by March 21st, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading ‘Hygiene Promotion Officer - Roving – Sana’a’. Please do not apply unless you meet minimum application requirements, otherwise you will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.