Photographer & Designer Specialist
The National Company for Coffee Ltd. is a local company specialized in the development, production and exportation of Yemen specificity coffee. The company aims at establishing a strategic partnership with local communities, and farmers in particular, in order to ensure superior quality coffee. Through its several drying centres in Yemen, the company aims at exporting Yemeni coffee that is in line with the standards and guidelines set by the International Coffee Association and the Specialty Coffee Association of America.
Position Title: Photographer & Designer Specialist
Location: Sana'a, Yemen
Reporting Relationships: Reporting to Communication Officer
Main Focus and Challenges:
Reporting to Communication Officer, s/he will conduct all specific responsibilities outlined below professionally while maintaining company’s code of conduct and all related bylaws for the ultimate goal of executing NCCL’s communication strategy.
- Ability to seek out appropriate photographic subjects and opportunities.
- Carry out research and preparation for a shoot.
- Work in different locations and in different circumstances to capture the most stimulating images.
- Technically sound with an extensive range of technical equipment, including cameras, lenses, lighting and specialty third party software.
- Ability to communicate with photographic subjects, putting them at ease, encouraging them and directing them.
- Ability to manage the processing and use of images, discussing technical problems, checking for quality and appropriately handling any client's concerns.
- Develop expertise with software to digitally enhance images by, for example, changing emphasis, cropping pictures, correcting minor faults or moving objects around.
- Managing the business aspects, including administration and work scheduling.
- Technically sound in the following software applications: Adobe Creative Suite.
- Up to 50% traveling due to business work.
- Work with creative team to polish company brand book.
- Develop company deck and proposal templates.
- Design social media graphics in-line with brand specifications.
- Design company collateral materials for print & digital.
- Edit project photos + curate photo library.
- Create video content for website + social media.
Qualifications & Experience
- 2+ years of experience in photography and media development and graphic design.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, especially in After effect, Premier, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Knowledge of sound, lighting and multiple camera spaces such as: Canon, Nikon and Sony
- Sample photographs + graphic + web designs and/or creative portfolio must be sent with your application submission.
- Photography, Videography
- Photo/video editing using Photoshop or other
- Graphic design/logo development experience
- Intermediate skills with Photoshop or other photo editing tools.
- Intermediate skills with InDesign, Adobe Illustrator.
- Experience with Squarespace Web Design Tools and other platforms.
- Intermediate experience with one or more video editing programs, After effect and Premier.
- Strong typographic and layout skills, strict attention to detail, and outstanding organizational, project management, file-organization and archiving skills are a must.
- Photography skills a must. Understand composition, camera and lighting equipment.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, especially photoshop, illustrator and lightroom.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be process-oriented self-starters.
- Formal understanding of and applying brand guidelines.
Please send us an email with some samples of your work and experience. Please provide links to any electronic portfolios. In the event that we move forward, we'll fly you out for an in-person interview and continue with our exploration.
Qualified and Interested Candidates must submit their CVs to:
Kindly write the following in your Subject Line when sending the email: "Photographer & Designer Specialist - NCFC"