Ended Snr. Supply Assistant
Title of Position: Snr. Supply Assistant
Category / Level: LICA-5 (UNOPS Contract)
Entry on Duty: ASAP
Duration: Till 31/12/2019 (With possibility of extension)
Location: Sub-Office Aden, Yemen
Date of Issue: 13/03/2019
Closing Date for Applications: 22/03/2019
- The Senior Supply Assistant provides support supply to all local activities pertaining to the supply chain function including planning, sourcing, transport, shipping, customs clearance and warehousing in the operation.
- The incumbent is supervised by an Assistant Supply Officer who provides regular guidance. S/he works independently on routine tasks while follows instructions of the supervisor or more complex issues. The incumbent maintains regular contact on a working level on routine issues with other UNHCR offices, UN agencies, NGOs, government partners and commercial contractors in the area to facilitate the operation. The duty of the incumbent is to support the management of material resources within the geographical area covered by the office while exercising efficiency in the use of those resources.
- UNHCR delivers timely and quality goods and services to persons of concern in compliance with supply chain rules and procedures.
- Manage storage of goods according to "best practices" and UNHCR rules and regulations; maintain an efficient system for the release, distribution and redeployment of goods.
- Coordinate transport of goods to the field locations.
- Ensure appropriate MSRP transactions are timely taken for all receipts and issuances of Non-Food Items, drugs and medical supplies and other inventory items.
- Facilitate the physical delivery of goods and share confirmations on inspection of ordered goods.
- Maintain proper documentation of inventory related forms, Stock Cards, Goods Receiving Notes, Waybills, Material Stock Requests, etc.
- Carry out regular physical verification of stocks to maintain accuracy and timely reconciliations.
- Maintain comprehensive records on logistical activities by providing timely reports and updates both periodically and on request.
- Draft and dispatch quotation requests and/or tenders, assist in the evaluation of offers and draft bid-tabulations.
- Provide information on all procurement activities within area of responsibility.
- Ensure effective asset and fleet management, organise physical verification of PPE, ensure that assets related agreements are timely issued to partners, assist in the disposal cases and in organizing the retirement of assets according to Asset Management Board procedures.
- Implement UNHCR policies and IPSAS policies.
- Any other responsibility deemed necessary or as delegated by the Supervisor in order to meet the level of service required by the organization.
- Co-ordinate with Supply Chain unit in Aden, the delivery of goods and other logistics services.
- Support the UNHCR Sub-Office Aden in all supply related functions, in accordance with the UN Financial Rules and Regulations and IPSAS policies.
- Liaise with Implementing Partner in charge of warehouse management, to ensure proper inventory procedures are adhered to.
Essential minimum qualifications, professional experience and required competencies:
- University degree and previous supply management experience
- Inventory and Asset management experience
- Very good computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, etc.)
- Good reporting skills
- Very good oral and written English
Desirable qualifications and competencies:
- Good computer skills in using various office applications (including Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet Explorer and Access).
Interested candidates must fill the Personal History (P.11) form, the Supplementary Bio Data table (Excel) and PHF Supplementary Sheet. The three mentioned forms should be submitted along with a motivation letter and CV by e-mail to the below e-mail address.
The email subject line should clearly indicate Last Name, Title of the position and VA Ref. number stated on this announcement. Applications missing any of the above elements, and not duly completed, will unfortunately not be considered.
Snr. Human Resources Associate
Tel. contact: +967-2-231-441
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Shortlisted candidates might be requested to sit for a test.
No late applications will be accepted. UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).