Admin/ Finance Associate
Post title: Admin/ Finance Associate
Category: Temporary Appointment (TA) - G6
Post number: UNFPA/TA/HUB/2019/Admin/ Finance Associate /March
Duty station: UN hub in Hodidah
Duration: One Year
The Admin/ finance Associate delivers quality services in administration and support programme financial aspects to internal and external clients mastering all relevant rules, guidelines, processes and procedures. S/he takes a client-oriented results-focused approach to interpreting the rules, procedures and guidelines, providing support and guidance to the CO and UNFPA-supported projects. The Administrative Associate is located in UNFPA Hodidah Hub and directly reports to the Head of Hub.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Adapts processes and procedures, anticipates and manages operational requirements of programme/ project inputs under national execution in terms of personnel, sub-contracts, equipment, fellowships, study tours, and other programme and project-related events to facilitate programme/ project delivery.
- Implements corporate systems and applications in support of finance and country office operations, creates systems and mechanisms for effective management of UNFPA resources, and advises and trains project staff.
- Reviews procurement requests and initiates procurement procedures for office and project equipment, supplies and services in a transparent and cost-effective manner; recommends procurement decisions. Contributes to the smooth running of the office by ensuring provision and maintenance of services and supplies following-up processes and maintaining up-to-date inventory and records.
- Provides guidance to functional units on financial accountability within programme responsibilities and on the effective use of programme resources.
- Verifies receipt of goods and services, ensuring specification, condition and quantities of goods are correct and paperwork is complete and properly filed.
- Provides information needed to respond to audit observations/findings.
- Maintains a central filing system; ensuring consistent use and appropriate archiving of official administrative documents.
- Participates in the identification and formulation of the project work plans with emergency technical team and various partners, revise work plans and prepare tables and statistical data.
- Contributes to the creation and sharing of knowledge by synthesizing and documenting findings and lessons learned, success stories and best practices, strategies and approaches of the Country Office and drafting relevant materials for dissemination.
- Provides logistical support to projects by coordinating review meetings and other project related workshops and events. To provide logistical, administrative assistance with regards to the planning and implementation of programme office events, meeting and workshops and perform other tasks as required.
- Act as Petty Cash Custodian
- Review and verify FACE Forms for implementing partners in Hodidah
- Act as Requisition processor
- Assist programme colleagues in project financial management
- To perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
- Commitment to UNFPA’s values on integrity, embraces cultural diversity and change.
- Results orientation and commitment to excellence; analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent communication and management skills to work with government institutions, NGOs, and humanitarian partners;
- Good interpersonal skills and a committed team player.
- Ability to provide conceptual innovation to support programme effectiveness.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills;
- Good networking and partnership building skills.
Providing logistical support
• Managing data
• Managing documents, correspondence and reports
• Managing information and work flow
• Planning, organizing and multitasking
• Supporting financial data analysis
Qualifications and experience requirements
A university degree or equivalent in business, logistics, management, or other related field.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 5 years of relevant experience in administration, finance or office management.
- Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT systems.
- Good writing and communication skills.
- Good in English and Arabic.
UNFPA offers an attractive compensation package commensurate with qualifications and work experience. UNFPA offers equal opportunities however; qualified females are strongly encouraged to apply. This post is open to applicants of Yemen nationality only and only located in Hodidah applicants will be considered, preference will be given to applicants who are residents at the respective location.
Please send your application quoting the post number with covering letter including P11 FORM, which is attached in this advertisement.
Deadline for applications: 27 March 2019
Please note that only short listed candidates will be notified.