Ended Finance Officer
Action Contre la Faim is an International Humanitarian Organization which is private, non-political, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action Contre la Faim vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. Action Contre la Faim currently operates in 46 countries including Yemen globally and conduct programs in nutrition, food security, health, water and sanitation.
Finance Officer - Hajjah
Duration: 6 months (renewable)
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES: Manage the base cash and accounting
Mission 1: Manage the base cash and accounting
- Check purchase approval and release required funds;
- Enter advance requests in the advance book and follow them;
- Receive and check the eligibility of invoices submitted for payment (compliance with purchase voucher, required information) and determine missing invoices or documents;
- Codify and enter purchase invoices in cash book;
- Sort and double check accounting documents;
- Translate accounting documents as needed;
- File invoices and HR documents according to accounting and HR procedures;
- Pay salary advances and staffs loans in cash if required;
- Close the cash account every month: physical counting, printing of accounting documents, check of supporting documents;
- Check the consistency between computer and physical cash balances;
- Propose possible process improvements.
Mission 2: Check compliance with purchasing procedures
- Comply with purchasing procedures when remitting advances ;
- Inform the logistics department of purchasing procedures and of data required on the invoices;
- Support for audits.
Mission 3: Participate in the monthly cash forecast:
- Collect financial information from program managers, HR and Logistics;
- Prepare the monthly cash forecast and send to the base Finance Manager.
Requirements & Skills:
- Degree in Finance, Administration or a related field;
Skills and Competencies
- Previous experience in a Finance role;
- Previous experience as a Supervisor/Manager is an asset;
- Solid communication in English and Arabic, both written and verbal;
- Organizational, planning, analytical and critical skills;
- Superior attention to detail;
- Computer skills: advanced command of Word and Excel;
- Integrity, honesty, and overall good attitude and team spirit;
- Experience in an INGO and familiarity with the humanitarian principles is an asset.
- Level of the position: Technician.
- Basic salary in accordance with our National Salary grid.
- Transportation allowance.
- Eid bonus: a full basic salary per year.
- Medical and life insurance coverage: Including the employee, spouse, children and parents.
Action Contre la Faim encourages women and persons with a disability to apply.
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and Cover Letter in English, Clearly mention the position you have applied + the location of the position + your Name in the email’s subject, to email@example.com latest by March 23rd 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.