Roving Logistics Manager
Position: Roving Logistics Manager
Duration: 12 Months
Reports to: Country Logistics Manager
Position Summary: The Roving Logistics Manager has the overall responsibility for the management and support of all logistics activities in any field locations. S/he will provide support and systems to ensure the smooth and effective operations that include multiple sectors and donors. The Roving Logistics Manager reports directly to the Country Logistics Manager/Field Program Manager and is responsible for effectively managing Senior Contract Officers, procurement, fleet, assets, warehousing ensuring effective logistics support to all Oxfam projects in Yemen.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Co-ordination of all program logistics; developing and implementing the logistics procedures and policies for the management of the supply chain, fleet, warehousing, and emergency preparedness.
- Ensure that Oxfam minimum standards of logistics procedures, country policies, and donors requirements are introduced and adhered to throughout the country of operations, briefing, training and supporting all staff as required.
- Ensure that Oxfam Global procurement policies and procedures are kept up-to-date. Ensure changes are disseminated in a timely manner and that all appropriate staff are trained and competent. Ensure local, national and international procurement practices are compliant with donor regulations.
- Participate in mobilization efforts and meeting for all new projects and project extensions. Participate in finalizing of Procurement/Supply Plans for all grants.
- Centralize the program supply chain by setting up of effective order management systems including pre-approved, preferred suppliers and framework agreements.
- Ensure that the supply chain is appropriate and cost effective, based on budget, markets, infrastructure, nature of the OXFAM programs, and need for timely delivery.
Warehouse and Stock Management:
- Provide support to the warehouse team and make sure systems and reporting is in place to allow effective storage and distribution of transit and centralized stocks.
- Make sure stock management systems are implemented and all key staff know and adhere to policies. Support in monitoring projects stock levels and advice on appropriate stocking and replenishment to meet project demands.
- Oversee the stock management of pharmaceutical drugs are ensure that minimum standards are enforced in the management; inventory and transportation.
- Ensure warehouse and stocks are secure, well managed and documented. Improve on and ensure accuracy of reporting and tracking databases.
- Ensure regular rotation of stocks (particularly medical items) ensuring limited losses due to expiration
- Assist in the preparation of analysis and reports on inventory tracking, movements, etc. Analysis, reporting and follow up of such findings.
- Oversee routine physical stock counts, document discrepancies and report losses to finance
- Ensure receipt and reconciliation is done for all stocks which have been transferred from the warehouse to another Oxfam fields locations.
- Ensure a centralized assets register is maintained; ensure that all office and program assets are logged. For all assets maintain tracking system and ensure all assets are issued with unique Oxfam asset number, ID tag and are tracked.
- Ensure assets and property are effectively managed, assets list is updated regularly and assets are disposed of according to Oxfam and/or donor regulations. Ensure annual (or bi-annual) asset checks are completed; damage and losses are reported immediately.
- Ensure donor reports for assets are timely completed and submitted to the Finance/Program and other departments as appropriate. Ensure appropriate and timely disposal of assets as necessary according to donor standards and regulations.
Transport & Fleet:
- Ensure management of vehicle fleets is in line with Oxfam standards; ensure that appropriate allocation and safe use of vehicles is achieved throughout the program and ensure servicing and maintenance schedules are adhered to.
- Ensure transport services are cost efficient and reliable. Ensure the efficient coordination timely delivery of supplies to projects.
- Proactively develop the skills of Oxfam fields staff to understand and utilize appropriate tools and services to design and implement quality programming.
- Visit Field offices on regular bases and work with field staff to identify operational needs and ensure that issues are raised with PM, CLM and other staff, as needed, to ensure they are included in new budget development.
- Design and implement capacity-building opportunities to strengthen the capacity of OXFAM Operations staff.
- Provide feedback through regular performance evaluations and ensure staff is held accountable in accordance with the Oxfam Human Resource policies.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Five-year progressive management and leadership experience with at least 3 year with INGOs experience in supply chain management in emergency environment including procurement, transport and distribution, warehouse management.
- Experience working with at least two of the following donors: BPRM, UNICEF, DFID, ECHO, and EU, and knowledge of donor guidelines.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of practical Supply Chain procedures and maintaining supply pipelines in areas with weak infrastructure.
- Demonstrated excellence in training and capacity-building of specialist and non-specialist staff in Supply Chain and Logistics Management.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills; strong computer competency with word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Experience in Distributions of NFI’s and CTP.
- Ability to identify and communicate potential problems and propose solutions to the level of management and then effect change.
- Must be able to function effectively in complex work environment, set appropriate priorities and deal effectively with numerous simultaneous requirements.
- Degree or certification in Supply Chain or Logistics Management, Business Management or related field preferred.
- Understanding and experience with CASH programming desired.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken. Arabic is an advantage.
Please Interested candidates are kindly requested to visit our website below for More details about post and apply through post application: