Ended Mental Health Coordinator
Position: Mental Health Coordinator
Reports to: Project Manager
Duration: Till 30 September, 2019 renewable based on fund availability and performance
About RI: Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 16 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty. Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
We’re looking for an experienced mental health professional to join our multiple needs programme in a unique role that will help to ensure the most vulnerable people get the right support at the right time.
As our Mental Health Coordinator you will play a pivotal role in this service, working across all aspects of the programme to develop professional networks and ensure timely and effective mental health interventions are available.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Supports the development of guidance documents, operational procedures, case studies, models and other materials related to mental health and psychosocial support for internal and external dissemination
- To work with a team of staff to ensure that the team are cohesive and work well together-facilitating and coordinating the mental health pathway for Self Help
- Establishes and maintains an internal library of mental health resources
- Establishes and maintains a mental health community of practice among the different program staff
- Provides advice, support, guidance and line management to team members.
- Helps staff understand the KPI’s for the service, and help staff achieve them.
- Develops and implement innovative ways of working with staff and service users
- Delivers or facilitate training and development opportunities for the team as required
- Ensures that relevant data and information is collected and where necessary collated for reports and recording
- Develops and maintain relationships with external organisations and agencies and work as part of a multi-agency team.
- Carries a personal caseload and deliver CBT/ Counselling interventions.
- Provides information for the manager to ensure that the service is compliant with relevant external regulatory requirements
- Supports the development and implementation of staff wellbeing initiatives (as per RI duty of care policies)
- Supports development, monitor implementation, and analysis of mental health assessment tool for use with field offices to evaluate the level of mental health capacity per facility
- Supports the development and implementation of mental health workshops for external stakeholders and mental health for clinical staff in HF’s as needed, provides mental health technical support to the Yemen program
- Supports the development of training and awareness materials on mental health for staff at the WCFS, awareness teams and other RI Yemen program components.
Qualifications & requirements:
- Master’s degree or higher in mental health, psychology, social work, counseling or related field with post-licensure experience particularly in one of the four specializations: Clinical Psychology, Counselling Psychology, Social work (with additional psychological therapy qualification), Psychiatry (with additional psychological therapy qualification)
- At least 3 years of full-time experience in mental health, counseling, or clinical social work in a government agency or community based organization
- Experience with emergency mental health/crisis interventions
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of global mhGAP guidelines and best practices
- Knowledge of mhGAP approaches in low resource and humanitarian contexts
- Research and/or monitoring experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and strategic planning skills required;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues.
- Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook/Exchange, Windows operating systems
- Proficiency in Excel, SPSS, or another statistical analysis software preferred
- Excellent oral and written Arabic language communication skills required
- Advanced proficiency in oral and written English will be desirable
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to Click Here for submitting their application by midnight March 20, 2019 .
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted