Ended Admin/HR Assistant
Title of Position: Admin/HR Assistant
Position Number: UNOPS
Category / Level: LICA 4
Entry on Duty: 01 May 2019
Duration: Initially to 31 December 2019 (Renewable)
Location: Ibb Field Office
Date of Issue: 15 March 2018
Closing Date for Applications: 28 March 2018
The Admin/HR Assistant will function under direct supervision of the Head of Field Office in Hodeida. He/she will be providing administrative and HR support to the office, liaising with the Administrative/Finance and HR units in Country Office Sana'a.
Accountability: (key results that will be achieved)
- The workforce in the AOR is well-informed of the organisation’s human resources policies and practices.
- UNHCR provides a healthy, safe and respectful working environment for its workforce in the AOR.
- Efficient and timely support is provided to staff in the AOR.
Responsibility: (process and functions undertaken to achieve results)
- Attend on day-to-day admin matters; administer the movement of UNHCR staff members, and assist in administrative formalities related to travel arrangements and facilitate various official missions of UNHCR staff and other persons of concern to UNHCR.
- Maintain office vehicles and supervision of office drivers; manage and maintain office premises, equipment, and furniture.
- Process local staff members’ contracts, entitlements and benefits in accordance with Staff Rules and established HR procedures.
- Advise staff members on their rights, obligations, benefits and entitlements, and assist them in interpreting UN/UNHCR staff rules and regulations.
- Assist newly-arrived international staff with administrative formalities related to their accreditations, security/ground passes, submission of completed forms and related documents to headquarters, arrange travel and hotel reservations.
- Administer UNHCR medical insurance plan for locally recruited staff.
- Maintain personnel records in the office, including maintenance of the attendance, overtime and leave records.
- Perform other related duties as required
Authority: (decisions made in executing responsibilities and to achieve results)
- Assist in requisition of office supplies, equipment and arrange for distribution together with the appropriate inventory records.
- Manage operational cash advance for office minor expenses.
Essential minimum qualifications, professional experience and required
- Completion of secondary education.
- Minimum 4 years of previous relevant work experience.
- Computer skills (MS office and People soft applications);
- Fluency in English and Arabic languages.
Desirable qualifications and competencies:
- Field experience with UNHCR and/or with other humanitarian organizations is an asset.
- Good knowledge of UNHCR administrative procedures and processes and exposure to provision of support services in an international organization.
- High IT affinity and working experience of PeopleSoft/MSRP.
Interested candidates must fill a Personal History (P.11) form and the supplementary Bio Data table (Excel). Completed P11 form and summary table should be submitted along with a motivation letter and CV by e-mail to the below email address.
The email subject line should clearly indicate Last Name, Title of the position and VA Ref. number stated on this announcement. Applications missing any of the above elements, and not duly completed, will unfortunately not be considered.
Senior Admin/Finance Officer
Tel. contact: +967-1-469771/2
Fax: +967-1-469 770
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Shortlisted candidates will be requested to sit for a test. No late applications will be accepted. UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).