Ended Field Protection Assistant
Position: Field Protection Assistant
Reports to: Mental Health Officer
Duration: Till September 30, 2019, with possibility of extension based on Fund availability and performance.
About RI: Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 16 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty. Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Relief International will be initiating Women and Girl Safe Spaces to engage in activities related to Women’s Empowerment, life/vocational skills, social protection. Field Protection Assistant will support the overall implementation of the Protection activities at district level and supervise individual protection volunteers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly oversee protection volunteers in the district.
- Provide input into data collection, MEAL reports and narrative /progress reports.
- Work in collaboration with protection volunteers to identify women and girls at risk.
- Contribute to organizing community events and awareness raising campaigns that would contribute to the reduction in protection concerns, as well as reducing stigma towards seeking assistance for Mental Health concerns.
- Engage in relevant training on protection as required.
- Support Volunteers and contribute to achieving the objectives of protection.
- Assist raising awareness among women and girls in the community about the Center and its available services and activities.
- Prepare and submit regular reports as required from the line manager.
- Assist Mental Health Officer with completion of duties and responsibilities.
- Maintain an up-to-date service mapping of the service providers operating in the area
- Maintain cultural and political knowledge that may have an impact on the protection and MH concerns
- University degree in relevant discipline (social science, psychology or any other relevant education profile).
- Two years experience in implementing protection activities
- Logistical planning and problem-solving skills.
- Good experience with data collection and technology
- Operates with a commitment to the survivor-centered approach.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and ethical behavior
- Demonstrate written and oral communication skills. English would be an asset.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team and take initiative.
- Understand the Ethical and Professional Conduct and Confidentiality Rules and sign it.
- Willingness to take on additional responsibilities as required
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
Transparency and Accountability
Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to Click Here for submitting their application by midnight March 21, 2019.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted