Ended Database Officer
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Ad-Dhalee, Saadah and Al Jawf.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Database Officer
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Contract Duration: 6 months
Duties and Responsibilities
Database Management System Implementation
- Maintain the country’s central and project-specific databases;
- Ensure all data is entered and updated in the databases and tables;
- Support the AME Officer and Monitors/Surveyors in ensuring that data is collected in a timely and accurate manner according to the reporting and monitoring requirements;
- Check the quality of the data submitted by field staff;
- Liaise with field staff regarding missing data, eventual mistakes, data discrepancies and/or inconsistencies;
- Perform “clean data” when needed;
- Ensure proper filing of hard and soft copies of survey questionnaires, lists of beneficiaries or other data collection tools or documents;
- Maintain and further develop the structure or format of the databases as required;
- Implement proper backup, restore, data validation, and security procedures to ensure data integrity and availability;
- Provide database technical support to ACTED teams, and troubleshoot both hardware and software issues.
- Verify the accuracy of the data collected during assessments;
- Clean data collected during assessments and flag any issues to the relevant departments;
- Extract queries, figures, and reports from the database;
- Generate data visualization such as charts, graphs, tables to be included in communication tools, reports, assessments and any other documents as per needs;
- In collaboration with the AME Officer, provide data analysis of projects’ activities and assessment data;
- Support the improvements of the data collection tools and processes and pilot new ideas with assessment teams in the field.
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members;
- Participate in database-related workshops and meetings as required;
- Preparation of distribution sheets and beneficiary ID cards as necessary
- Perform any other related activities as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- respecting ACTED code of conduct and upholding behavioral, ethical and professional standards
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience)
Humanitarian management Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in IT, Computer Studies or any other relevant degree.
- Work experience in cross-sector project management with an NGO or INGO in a humanitarian setting.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple teams and activities, across sectors, simultaneously.
- Knowledge of GIS and mapping using (ArcMap)
- Demonstrated strong technical skills in Excel, Access, VBA programming and SQL.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build trust and develop and maintain effective work relationships with sensitivity and respect for diversity and inclusive participation.
- Ability to develop and empower team members, fostering teamwork, active communication, and self-management.
- Communication Skills:
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken Arabic and English required.
- Comfortable with virtual forms of communication including messaging and video applications.
- Excellent analytical skills and demonstrated ability to identify problems, propose, and implement solutions in challenging implementation environments.
- Work Style: Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV & Covering Letter in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: (Database Officer- Hudaydah) and rename your CV & Covering Letter as (First/Last name +Database Officer- Hudaydah).
- The closing date for applications is on Thursday 28th of March, 2019.
- Candidates from Hudaydah are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date.
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification