Position: Pharmacist Assistant
Reports to: Project Manager
Duration: Till 31 December, 2019 renewable based on fund availability and performance
About RI: Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 16 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty. Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Under overall guidance and supervision of health Project officers and health Coordinator, the pharmacist will support the daily operational management of all pharmacies and pharmacists activities in the assigned region, and provide the technical support for pharmacists, ensure timely flow of information to and from filed, This position is also responsible to monitor and evaluate pharmacies in delivery according to national protocol.
In addition, support the program in term of regulating the consumption of all medication items including therapeutic foods and equipment.
Key areas of accountability:
- Assist guarantying the implementation and proper use (following SCI and MOPH’s standards) of pharmacy management and monitoring tools (daily follow up form, order forms, etc.).
- Ensures that projects’ pharmacies are organized and managed properly.
- Participates in the setup of new pharmacies in the health facilities and defines how they should be run.
- Ensures the information flow the other members of the team concerning stock levels, pharmacy management and prescriptions.
- Oversees the monitoring of equipment with the logistics and finance teams.
- Assist Managing donations and the destruction of expired medicines in conformity with national procedures.
- Manages the emergency stock and emergency boxes (relating to international and national staff health).
- In collaboration with the medical coordinator, defines the contents of, organises and manages the stock pre-positioned in the capital.
- Ensuring that narcotics and psychotropic drugs management follows national legislation and enables the traceability of products.
- Insure that no shortage of medicines and supplies in the targeted health facilities from the available stock.
- Collection and Preparation of Monthly consumption and warehouse reports
Medical supply and orders
- In collaboration with the medical and logistics team, ensures there is a supply process for medicines and medical material in the project that functions properly (procedures, etc.).
- Communicates regularly with the medical, logistics, HR and finance departments concerning medical supply.
- Guarantees respect of SCI’s recommendations and information process in case of local purchase.
- Basic principle: the medical order must be prepared by the persons in charge of pharmacies in the projects and their health and Nutrition coordinator, in collaboration with the health officer.
- Assists the logistics teams with customs clearance procedures of medical orders, if needed.
- Ensures that the final version of orders has been sent to the field (lead time, quantities, etc.)
- Perform any other tasks as required by line manager or program manager or technical manager.
- Identify learning and training opportunities for program staff and partners and work as a mentor and role model for less experienced staff.
- BSc Degree in pharmacology.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 2 year Experience in pharmacy management
- Experience in designing and implementing trainings.
- Experience in Computer and Microsoft office programs.
- Experience in representation and interaction with partners & government officials.
- Good in English and fluent in Arabic.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and strategically in a team environment with all level of professional, technical and administrative staff and to integrate resources on timely and organized basis a participatory and consultative management approach.
- Flexible, adaptable, able to improvise and work in stressful, volatile environment
Additional job responsibilities
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Relief International's Values:
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
Transparency and accountability
Agility and innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to Click Here for submitting their application by midnight March 20,2019.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted