Logistic Assistant Supply
Location of position: AL MOKHA, Yemen
I. Presentation of organization
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. SI’s mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI has opened a mission in Yemen and it has recently opened a base in Al Mokha. The mission currently consists of an emergency and post-emergency program with a WASH-focused approach in the districts of the West coast, in Taiz and Hudaydah governorates.
The position will be based in AL MOKHA.
II. Responsibilities and Tasks
The Logistic Assistant Supply carries out all the procurement for the programs and structure in his assigned base. He/she will be responsible for planning and anticipation of all the procurements in his/her assigned base
He/she is one of the guarantors for implementing and respecting Solidarités International purchase procedures and will be responsible for filing and archiving of logistics documents linked to purchases.
List of principal activities:
Knowledge and monitoring of the market:
- Take part in the analysis of the local purchasing environment
- To assess the market in the area of his assigned base
- To prepare a catalogue of items / price and update it regularly
- Update price lists and supplier files share regularly with his line manager
Procurement table and Planning of purchase
- Taking part and support deputy logistic manager in procurement design of projects concerning the base
- Taking part in the design of the purchasing plan of program
- To plan and anticipate the purchases for the logistics
Implementation of purchasing process:
- Receive and process requests for quotes and IOFs after verification and approval by his line manager
- manage procurements while respecting the rules and approval procedures established by donors and Solidarités International
- Ensure that products purchased correspond to the requirements of the purchase requests in terms of quantity and quality
- Ensure that the format of, and information on supply purchase documents comply with SI regulation
- Ensure compliance with administrative procedures for the management of advances and payment of suppliers
- Establish and archive purchasing files in accordance with the rules of Solidarités International and its donors
- Monitor and update IOFs electronically
- To ensure that all procurement Follow-Up (IOF and contract) are regularly updated and shared with the base
- Movement to others bases (capital) to proceed with some purchases when not available in the market of the base
- Ensure the compilation of price lists
- Ensure the follow-up of the reliability of suppliers
- Ensure the monitoring of IOF requests and inform requesters of the status of their orders by leading meetings and/or circulating the updated IOF FUs and Contract FU on regular weekly basis
- Weekly/monthly report of procurement follow ups to all managers
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional interlocutor)
Line interlocutor: Deputy Logistic Manager
Functional supervisor(s): - Deputy Logistic Manager
III. Profile required
- University degree in Trade, economics, management or any related field.
- At least 2 year experience on supply chain or in a similar position, for private or INGO sector
- Prior NGO/INGO experience of 1 year minimum
- IT skills: Good knowledge of Office software : Excel, Word
- Languages: Arabic and English (written and spoken mandatory).
- Knowledge of the local humanitarian context
- Proactive, motivated, honest and rigorous
- Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Please submit your application (CV, cover letter, photocopies of diplomas, certificates of employment etc.) to Solidarités International by email to: email@example.com Or submit hard copy of your application (CV and cover letter to Solidarites International office located in Al-Maghini neighborhood in Al Mokha.
NB: Title of the related position must be written in the email subject/ on the envelop of your CV.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
Final date for applications: 26th March 2019