Location of position: AL-Khokha district- Hudaydah governorate, Yemen
I. Presentation of organization
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. SI’s mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI has opened a mission in Yemen and it has recently opened a base in Al Mokha. The mission currently consists of an emergency and post-emergency program with a WASH-focused approach in the districts of the West coast, in Taiz and Hudaydah governorates.
The position will be based in AL Khokha.
II. Responsibilities and Tasks
Under the direct management of Log-Admin Assistant, the storekeeper/Radio operator manages the receipt, storage, safe-keeping and delivery of food, goods, tools and equipment used by Solidarités International or under the responsibility of Solidarités International
And He/she will take part in the safety of Solidarités International teams by monitoring and tracking of all movements. And ensuring a permanent level of communication between Solidarités International teams and the bases.
List of main tasks:
Maintenance of store buildings, and stored equipment
- Monitor the storage facilities and infrastructure both from inside and outside: locate damages and propose the necessary repairs
- Supervise cleaning and regular disinfection of storage spaces
- Introduce protection against insects and pests inside the storage spaces and apply treatment upon the first sign of infection
- Ensure adequate ventilation of the spaces
- Ensure the equipment and machines used by teams are cleaned before returning to storage
- Monitor the quality of products at the time of receipt. Put aside non-compliant or infected products and report to the logistics assistant
- Regularly monitor the quality of products during storage. Pay special attention to expiration dates
Management of storage spaces
- In conjunction with the Log-Admin Assistant, make provisions for the staff and necessary equipment for loading / unloading
- Supervise the team of daily workers charged with storage activities
- Draft or complete dispatch and receipt documents in compliance with Solidarités International standards
- Monitor incoming and outgoing equipment
- Maintain updated inventory lists, and all other related stock documents.
- Participate in monthly inventories of stored goods and equipment and reconciliation with what should be in stock
- Update stock Report on daily bases and sent to the line manager at the end of each month.
Management of Equipment
- Oversee daily management of telecommunication equipment by distributing the equipment to teams as they leave for the field and ensuring that it is given back on their return
- Record all activity involving telecommunication materials, sat phones, tracker, GPS and other equipment in his/her care
- Maintain up to date park statement, responsibility follow up, and support Log-Admin Assistant for implementation of durable equipment policy and procedure at his/her assign base
- Ensure that satellite telephones, trackers, cameras and GPS are fully and correctly charged
- Diagnose and report to his/her line manager any breakdown, damage or loss of equipment
- Install telecommunication facilities on the bases
Communication / Movement Monitoring
- Receive and monitor movement tracking messages sent to bases and record them in the log book
- If required, assume an intermediary role and relay messages between bases and teams
- Follow the location of teams in the field and during town expeditions
- Play a central role in the monitoring of team field location and report any information regarding their safety to his/her line manager
- Ensure that teams are fully trained in the use of IT equipment, communication materials and all the staff movements are monitored according to Solidarites International standard movement procedures
- Ensure that Solidarités International users follow communication procedures, particularly concerning sensitive information
Drafting of reports
- Draft activity and inventory reports and forward them to the line manager
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line Manager at base: Log-Admin Assistant
Functional Manager: Log-Admin Assistant
III. Profile required
- University degree on IT/computer science or other relevant subject
- At least 1 year experience in a similar position, for private or INGO sector
- Prior NGO/INGO experience of 1 year minimum
- IT skills: Good knowledge on Office package : Excel, Word
- Languages: Arabic and English (written and spoken mandatory).
- Proactive, motivated, honest and rigorous
- Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Please submit your application (CV, cover letter, photocopies of diplomas, certificates of employment etc.) to Solidarités International by email to: email@example.com Or submit hard copy of your application (CV and cover letter to Solidarites International office located in Al-Maghini neighborhood in Al Mokha.
NB: Title of the related position must be written in the email subject/ on the envelop of your CV.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension.
Final date for applications: 26th March 2019