Ended Public Health Engineer Officer
JOB TITLE: Public Health Engineer Officer
JOB FAMILY: Programme Technical
LOCATION: Amran - Khamer
SALARY: As per Oxfam scale.
LEVEL: D2 National
OXFAM PURPOSE: To work with others to overcome poverty and suffering.
To provide technical support to the Water Sanitation Engineering (PHE) programme ensuring quality, community based intervention that considers sustainable coping mechanisms in the current conflict, in close coordination with PHP team and ensuring community participation and integration with EFSL, Gender and Protection.
Post-holder reports to: PHE Senior officer Staff reporting to this post: None BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY: N/A
- Support PHE Senior Officer for the management of resources within PHE activities, including people, assets and budget at activities’ level.
- Assist in developing engineering plans and estimate bill of quantities in close coordination with logistics team.
- Support the water management committees with the appropriate operation and maintenance activities.
- To ensure that all facilities’ design take gender and protection issues fully into account
- Collect technical data and contribute to routine reports on the projects
- Identify technical solutions/ coping mechanisms for IDPs that consider community feedback and priority needs
- Involve communities in planned activities.
- Willing to spend most of the working hours in the field
- Implement the water and sanitation engineering activities ensuring quality during implementation.
- Provide on ground technical support and identify opportunities for community-based solutions (or coping mechanisms). Take lead in facilitating implementation of engineering work that considers local / community practices and operation and maintenance viability.
- Support water management committees in their task of operation & maintenance of the scheme or point in a way that it’s financially viable, socially accessible and environmentally sustainable.
- Supervise all construction works on the ground related to water and sanitation and take lead on technical verification of work provided by contractors.
- Promote proper coordination of all water and sanitation activities with the PHP- and other department to enhance optimal improvement in the health of beneficiaries.
- Support the PHE Senior Officer in income generating approach for WatSan activities, including selecting and ordering the WatSan works and materials in close coordination with Logs and EFSL team from locally available markets when possible.
- Conduct assessment into rural areas and provide timely assessment report
- Provide regular feedback to the PHE Senior Officer on progress of water and sanitation activities
- Support in implementation of programme impact/process monitoring systems and collect relevant secondary data relating to disease patterns, facilities and government programmes.
- Prepare work plan (monthly &weekly) at activities/tasks’ level and report the achievements to the PHE Senior Officer.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
- A suitable qualification in Engineering (Civil, Hydrological or similar). Experience could substitute for a formal qualification, but not vice versa.
- 2 years practical experience working in Water and Sanitation in emergency relief programs. Should have a good understanding of Oxfam’s work in WASH in emergencies.
- Knowledge and experience of undertaking assessments and analyzing the results.
- Knowledge and capacity to understand community-based approaches, particularly related with the water committees support (O&M).
- Knowledge of AutoCAD or similar technical design programme.
- Works supervision experience either under contractor’s or and/or community’s contract.
- Ability to present concise reports, reflecting the problems and possible solutions.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- A sound understanding of the importance of gender and participation in Humanitarian work.
- Good in written, spoken in English and Arabic.
Please Interested candidates are kindly requested to visit our website below for More details about post and apply through post application:
RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS