Ended MEAL Assistant
JOB TITLE: MEAL Assistant
LOCATION: Amran - Khamer
JOB FAMILY: Program Quality
SALARY: As per Oxfam scale.
OXFAM PURPOSE: To work with others to overcome poverty and suffering.
TEAM PURPOSE: To work with emergency response team for improved Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) in Amran, Yemen.
JOB PURPOSE: Oxfam is establishing its programmes emergency response programme in response to conflict and displacement in Amran. Under the overall guidance of the MEAL Officer, the MEAL Assistant will closely work with WASH and EFSVL teams in Khamer in the design and implementation of monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning strategy and to monitor the extent to which the projects are meeting their intended objectives.
Post holder reports to: MEAL Officer with Matrix Manager: Senior MEAL Officer
Staff reporting to this post: N/A
BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY: N/A
- Work pattern is a mixture of proactive and project work.
- Required to make sound judgements regularly within agreed processes using a good understanding of the team and the abilities of the team.
- Communication largely with internal staff (including internationally) also with some external contacts/target audiences to support operational work.
- Communication with Oxfam’s scale up team in different locations.
- Assist the technical team for quality delivery of the programme, building accountability and documenting learning.
- Strengthening existing knowledge of monitoring, evaluation and learning at Khamer Office.
- Support planning, implementation and follow-up of enumerators, for instance writing TORs, preparing literature review packs, recruiting enumerators, planning evaluator itineraries, planning staff workshops, leading report review. Participate in evaluations where required.
- Assist the MEAL Officer in designing and pre-testing of the data collection tools.
- Participate in the process of data collection of various activities such as baseline, end line. Post distribution monitoring, During Distribution monitoring, market price monitoring and any other monitoring data required.
- Support MEAL Officer to ensure quality of data collection from the field.
- Lead the data collection team to the team and supervise them at the field level for various filed studies.
- Set up simple systems to manage information generated by MEAL activities, such as complaints databases.
- Produce monitoring checklists and conduct quarterly joint field process monitoring, quality assessment and data validation, and provide feedbacks and recommendations for timely improvement
- Assist the MEAL Officer in training and organizing of other learning events in Khamer programme.
- Together with the Project officers, undertake accountability activities, including the development and use of information sharing materials and the establishment of complaint response mechanisms. This include management of an Accountability mechanisms, ensuring that complaints are logged and addressed in a professional and timely manner and that serious complaints relating to abuse, exploitation and corruption and referred appropriately.
- Responsible of data entry and analysis.
- Supervise the Data Management and organizing, collecting, compiling and documenting the all program and MEAL related data and information.
- Assist the MEAL Officer in writing of various reports (Weekly report, PDMs, DDMs and Monthly Accountability reports).
- Ensure that all the documents are properly kept and hardcopy filed in the office.
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modeling Oxfam values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Promote learning in the project, particularly on issues of project quality.
- Regularly analyze data and produce reports on best practices and case studies
- Ensures that necessary reporting components are lined up in advance of report deadlines and
- Compile and provides analytical output level inputs to program technical reports
- Delivering any other responsibility assigned by the line manager, or matrix manager.
QUALIFICATIONS / BACKGROUND
- Minimum of a College or Diploma in Data Management, social sciences or communications
- Experience in communications with affected communications (CWAC) or accountability to affected populations (AAP) activities.
- At least two years’ similar work experience with an international NGO;
- Experience with feedback and complaints response mechanisms;
- Strong commitment to Oxfam and core values
- Bachelor degree in social sciences from a recognized university.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience of work in emergency or development context projects with Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning skills.
- Good knowledge in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning.
- Fluent written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Experience of working in a multicultural team.
- Excellent coordination skills.
- Strong commitment to gender equality and social justice.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven knowledge of computerized systems; high degree of computer literacy and word processing and spread sheet skills.
- Knowledge on simple Excel functions, including formulas and creating graphs from data sets.
- Ability to work under pressure, ability to prioritize and commitment to meet deadlines.
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and writing reports.
- Experience in and the ability to train people.
- Commitment to the aims and objectives of Oxfam.
- Potential and flexibility of attitude to learn.
Please Interested candidates are kindly requested to visit our website below for More details about post and apply through post application:
RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS