Field: Media Assistant
Location: Amran – Khamer
SALARY: As per Oxfam scale.
JOB PURPOSE: As the Media Assistant, you will be responsible for providing administrative and assistant level support to the Policy and Media team. Your work will cover Khamer Office and will support in the development of communications and multimedia content related to Oxfam’s programmes in Yemen and in line with Oxfam’s policy, advocacy and programme priorities.
You will assist with a range of tasks, described below. You will receive a full induction and training where necessary:
- Work effectively across the Oxfam team, utilizing prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
- Interview beneficiaries and write human interest stories from Oxfam areas of operation in Amran
- Collect photos & videos that show the impact of the conflict on the humanitarian situation in Amran
- Support in implementation of media plans, campaigns or any other media-related events
- Stay up to date on developments in Amran and elsewhere in the country.
- Communicate trends with policy and campaign colleagues, based on conversations with beneficiaries and programme staff.
- Serve as a liaison between media and policy colleagues, programme staff in Amran and any other relevant colleagues when required
- Any other task which may be reasonably requested to be undertaken within the scope of this post.
- Collect and compile data (stories, photos, videos, etc.) from programme staff and beneficiaries, and assist in drafting of media and policy products.
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills and proven ability to be flexible and sensitive in demanding situations.
- Experience of operating in a conflict environment and sensitively managing complex negotiations between individuals with strongly held beliefs.
- To support the Communications, Media and policy team, in-country Programme Coordinators, and MEEECIS policy teams in developing and delivering policy and advocacy work with multiple level targeting if applicable.
- To work with the Senior Management Team and other programme staff to ensure the integration of advocacy into programme planning and implementation.
Skills and Competencies Required for this Role Essential:
- Two years of experience in a Media/INGO environment.
- Educated to degree level in Communications/Media, Political Science or a Social Science.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision and to take initiatives
- A Team Player able to work as part of a large multi-cultural, professional and highly motivated team.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Enthusiasm and a genuine interest in INGO work.
- Fluency in Arabic and English both verbally and in writing.
- Proven experience of using MS Office applications (Word, Excel and Power Point),
- Photography and filming skills
- A commitment to fighting poverty and injustice and promoting basic rights
- Proven experience in the non-profit or NGO field
- Proven experience in journalism and reporting.
Please Interested candidates are kindly requested to visit our website below for More details about post and apply through post application:
RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS