MEAL Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Caritas Poland is looking for an MEAL Officer (national position):
Duration: 3 Months with possibility of extension
Location: Aden Office
Number of positions: 1
Position: MEAL Officer
Contract details: Full-time
Starting date: Jan 2022
About Caritas Poland
Caritas Poland is the largest charity organization in Poland, carrying out its activities on the country level since 1990. Caritas Poland has also implemented numerous humanitarian and development aid projects in more than 60 countries affected by conflicts, wars and natural disasters. Recently, Caritas Poland has been particularly supporting the needy in the Middle East – in Syria, Jordan and Iraq – as well as in Colombia, Venezuela, Ukraine, Nepal and in many countries in Africa and South Asia. For more information, please refer to https://www.caritas.org/ and https://www.caritas.org/where-caritas-work/europe/poland/.
Caritas Poland has been funding health projects in Yemen since July 2019, and has received official registration in May 2020, with plans for expansion of activities across a range of sectors, currently focusing on Health and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH). Caritas Poland has been cooperating closely with Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) Yemen Mission.
Position reports to: Head of Mission Caritas Poland in Yemen
Under the leadership of the Head of Mission, Program Desk Officer and Technical Advisor;
- Support in developing the MEAL plan for the project based on the project's logical-framework and follow its implementation throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Develop, maintain and update the MEAL data collection and monitoring assessment tools for the project.
- Create and update an electronic database for the project (Excel Spreadsheet) and keep it secure to ensure confidentiality of the data.
- Develop or update existing indicator tracking tools and other tracking tools as needed to demonstrate the effectiveness of project interventions.
- Collect all project data (Health, WASH and Protection) from all target health facilities according to the MOPHP health facility template and perform data entry and data cleaning process and submit all data-sets to the Line Manager on a monthly basis.
- Conduct on desk data quality control tests on all reported project data to ensure its accuracy and completeness.
- Conduct field visits to all health facilities to monitor and verify data accuracy and completeness by conducting triangulation, double checking and comprising of all received HFs data and reports with the actual Data Registries sets at the HFs level to ensure all reported data/reports are of high quality.
- Provide documentation and dissemination of key finding stemming from monitoring, assessment, and other learning activities; capture and document lessons learned and scaling up best practices.
- Develop monthly, quarterly and annual MEAL reports.
- Generate monthly indicator reports for tracking progress against key indicators as needed
- Develop a secure Complaints and Feedback Response Mechanism (CFRM) within the target health facilities (compliant boxes, phone landline, email contact…etc.) to ensure that beneficiaries communicate their concern, feedback and complaints to CP while maintaining confidentiality.
- Collect all beneficiaries concerns and complaints data/information on a weekly/monthly basis with adhering to the CP's data confidentiality standards protocol.
- Support all project departments (program, logistic, HR…etc.) in maintaining effective information sharing mechanisms.
- Assist in developing and/or adapting quantitative and qualitative data collection survey tools for the project (Baseline/Endline, beneficiaries' satisfaction, post-services monitoring, studies, questionnaires…etc.).
- Support the program in conducting baseline and end-line project surveys.
- Train the health facilities staff on MEAL topics to maintain a high quality health facilities reporting system.
- Support the program in performing situation analysis (study methodology, tools and approaches) and need assessment for any new project development.
- Support the project management unit with the compilation of short-terms monitoring impact report, case studies and success stories to show the impact of the organization's effort to donors.
- Handle the recruitment process of data collectors (casual) and follow up on their contracts, attendance, payments.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the Direct Supervisor within the employee's area of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience in the humanitarian work.
- Experience in Health, Nutrition, and WASH interventions, as well as Sphere and other humanitarian standards.
- Experience of developing monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Previous experience with Data entry, data cleaning and data analysis using KOBO, Ms. Excel and SPSS.
- In-depth knowledge with computer applications, especially with Word and Excel, PowerPoint a plus.
- Excellent in communication skills in both English and Arabic; ability to communicate strategically under pressure
- Excellent writing skills – ability to develop high quality reports and accurately analyze M&E data
- Self-motivated, results-driven and excellent sense of organization
- Ability to work independently and respond to feedback in a timely and professional manner
- Experience working in different cultural work environments.
- Strong networking, interpersonal and presentation skills.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل