WASH Assistant (2)
Position: WASH Assistant (2)
Location: Dhamar & Sadaa
Vacancy Reference Number for Dhamar: WA - DHA/21
Vacancy Reference Number for Sadaa: WA - SAD/21
Under the supervision of WASH Officer, WASH assistant will be responsible for the design, implementation, follow-up and evaluation of hygiene promotion activities of Islamic Relief Yemen in the target governorate. In additional, provide necessary support to WASH Officer to implement all activities of WASH projects. The post is specifically oriented towards the WASH emergency response in the context of the crisis in this governorate, and special attention will be made on the integration of the WASH sector in other core sectors of Islamic Relief such as nutrition, food security and livelihood.
- Design, plan and implement of hygiene needs assessments, including personal interviews at household level, facilitation of focus group discussions, site visits and meetings with key members of community.
- Provide necessary support to WASH Officer to design, plan and implement technical WASH assessments and studies such as household level questionnaires, focus group discussions, site visits and meetings with key members of community.
Program Design and Implementation
- Design, plan, implement and follow-up of hygiene promotion activities such as:
- Training of trainers on hygiene promotion (for community volunteers, WASH committee members, health workers).
- Provide technical support on hygiene promotion to the community volunteers, WASH committee members and health workers; and developing a culture sensitive IEC material for Hygiene Promotion activities.
- Liaise and coordinate hygiene activities with community health workers and related local authorities.
- Provide necessary support to WASH Officer through design, plan, Liaise, archive, implement and follow-up the detailed implementation work plan for all activities of WASH projects to achieve the projects objective on time.
- Ensure community mobilization in all field related to water, hygiene and sanitation
- Draft weekly Hygiene/cholera awareness sessions report
- Plan, organize, supervise and evaluate the distribution of all hygiene supplies such as hygiene kits, cleaning kits and Jerry Canes for health facilities, and families.
- Work with the WASH team to develop and evaluate methodologies for promoting sanitation, such as CLTS (community-led total sanitation), or latrines construction.
- Consider budget planning and logistics for hygiene promotion activities: making and follow-up of internal purchase order, quality control of material delivered by suppliers, planning team movements by vehicle.
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned by the WASH Officer/WASH Coordinator.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
- With the WASH team implementation of initial and final KAP surveys (Knowledge, Attitude, Practice)
- With the WASH team implementation of PDM survey (Post Distribution Monitoring) for kit distributed
- Collection, consolidation and reporting of weekly hygiene and health related data, necessary for the consolidation of standard project and strategic indicators (number of beneficiaries, number and type of activity performed, results of water analysis performed)
- Weekly (or each time when necessary) written and oral report to WASH Officer/WASH Coordinator.
- Participate actively in terms of collecting required data needed for reports.
Integration, Coordination of Cross-cutting Aspects
- Coordinate WASH hygiene activities with other sectors of Islamic Relief, in order to integrate activities in the same geographical area and for the same beneficiaries
- Coordinate local level hygiene activities with Public Health Department at district level.
- Ensure the integration of gender, child protection, HIV, people living with disability, environment and other crosscutting issues to the design, implementation and development of Hygiene promotion activities, and ensure that activities take into account the needs of specific groups and individuals, especially children, the elderly and disabled.
Graduated from a course related to public health and / or communication
B) EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Professional experience of 2 years minimum, among which 1 years in a field related to public health, communication and behavior change
- Relevant training and experience in Water, Sanitation and hygiene.
- Organization, coordination and planning skills.
- Good report writing and communication skills
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Power point)
- Ability to listen and adopt
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation and community mobilization skills
- Fluent knowledge of local language
- Fluent knowledge of written and oral in English
- Yemeni National
- Direct experience in the geographical area targeted by Islamic Relief
- Experience working with an INGO/NGO
Additional job responsibilities
- The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the Post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Core Values (Required) :
- Commitment .
- Diversity and Inclusion.
Core Competencies (Required):
- Working with People.
- Drive for Results.
Functional Competencies (Required):
- Planning and Organizing.
E) CONTACTS/KEY RELATIONSHIPS
F) PROBLEM SOLVING (Thinking Environment)
- Ability to deal with complex situation and solve issues and problems
G) WORKING CONDITIONS AND LEVEL OF TRAVEL REQUIRED
- Based in Field Office, with frequent travel to the communities of intervention
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to Click Here .
- All applications must include the vacancy reference number in the Reference No. Applications without the correct reference number will not be considered.
- Qualified Females are strongly encouraged to apply
- Only Short –listed candidates will be contacted.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل