Nursing Team Supervisor This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
NURSING TEAM SUPERVISOR
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF is advertising for the following position: NURSING TEAM SUPERVISOR
Requirements for the position
- Essential nurse diploma after secondary school
- desirable specialisation or experience in Neonatology, paediatric, anaesthesia or midwifery.
- Essential 2 years of previous experience having worked in MSF or other NGO’s and in developing countries is desirable.
- Desirable having experience in team management.
- English and local language essential
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Place of work: Abs District, Hajja governorate, Republic of Yemen.
- Level: 8
- Duration: Until the end of the year with possibility of extension
- Others: Salary: Based on the organization scale
Plan, organize, and evaluate the activities concerning his/her field of action (Nursery, laboratory, midwifery, anesthesiology) and the team associated, according to MSF values, policies and protocols and universal health standards, in order to warrant the quality and continuity of the health care and the development of the plan of action.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Carry out the functions and tasks associated to his/her speciality, i.e. perform as a nurse, whenever required or needed, in order to optimize the resources, contributing with his/her knowledge and experience.
- Implement all the protocols and hygiene procedures, and supervise his/her team follow the same standards, in order to warrant the quality of the care and service in his/her speciality.
- Organize and coordinate the activities of his/her team (week’s schedule, annual leave, absences, etc.), evaluate their performance and define and ensure the needs for training of staff, in order to ensure the coverage of the human resources needs and maintain high standards of quality.
- Carry out and/or supervise the (decentralized) pharmacy and medical equipment management (drugs orders, follow-up of the stock, storage conditions, inventories, follow-up of expired drugs and their destruction, drugs consumption, etc.) in his or her department, in order to satisfy the needs of material with efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensuring that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained. Ensuring that cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols. Reporting any malfunction to the project biomedical service. List item
- Carry-out and/or coordinate administrative (exit-paper, transfer-paper, etc.), information and data collection (patient files, forms, statistics, etc.) tasks, and elaborate regular reporting, in order to have updated and reliable information about the day-to-day activity in the project, output/ outcome and support decision-taking.
- Give feedback/ reports to medical focal point.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل