Job Title: MEAL Assistant
Reporting to: MEAL Officer
Location: Base office with several field visits to work sites at Al-Dhalea.
Contract Duration: 9 months
NMO is a registered national NGO with the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor No. 284. Our mission is to take the lead to empower communities in Yemen through humanitarian response and sustainable development programs in a professional way through effective partnerships. NMO started its activity in Yemen since 2012 and has been implementing projects in 5 sectors namely FSL, Education, WASH, Shelter, and Governance and skill-building.
NMO is looking for an efficient and qualified person to fill the post of MEAL assistant to carry out the following tasks:
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Design MEAL plans and indictor performance tracking matrix IPTT for the projects and ensure their compatibility with the commitments mentioned in the project proposals, agreements, and the systems of the organization.
- Involved in preparing the field visits plans for the team to the required team and submitting them to the line manager.
- Preparing the financial reports and documents of the daily workers
- Designing the structured questionnaires and forms for the purposes of monitoring and evaluation assessments surveys to verify the quality of interventions.
- Planning and conducting field visits to monitor the level of commitment to humanitarian work standards and the level of progress in implementing activities.
- Reviewing BOQs and ensuring their conformity with the proposal or the existence of supporting documents for any changes and following up the quality of implementation during the work.
- Supervising the daily workers with ensuring holding training courses for them to explain and review the tasks they perform.
- Collecting data and conducting individual interviews and focus group discussion with the targeted beneficiaries to verify the level of community satisfaction and follow up the level of response to complaints.
- Supervising the process of data collection using KOBO TOOLBOX from the field by daily workers and analyzing them using analysis programs such as SPSS.
- Involved in preparing success stories and case studies.
- Participating in conducting the needs assessments through conducting the several field visits during the project design period.
- Organizing periodic review meetings and sharing monitoring and evaluation outcomes with projects' team.
- Conducting baseline, end line and final evaluation surveys, including those needed for projects, and measuring the level of changes.
- Conducting verification of the beneficiaries list and submitting a report to the line manager and the project team.
- Participate in awaring the beneficiaries and stakeholders of the mechanisms and channels that put in place for submitting complaints and suggestions.
- Carrying out all required reports and send them to the line manager for review and share them with project managers (including, but not limited to: Knowledge, Attitudes and Practices (KAP) surveys, focus group discussions, key informant interviews, baseline and end-line surveys, as well as other types of assessments and data collection that is required).
- Active participation in the internal periodic meetings of the organizations.
- Ensuring archive data and documents according to the archiving system followed in the organization.
- Invest in learning opportunities and resources and work on self- learning and improving.
- Assist at raising any suggestions and feedback that would raise the level of performance in the workplace and inform the relevant persons of any matters that may affect the integrity, impartiality, and reputation of the organization.
- Compliance with the systems, procedures, principles, and institutional values of the organization.
- Other related tasks as required by line managers.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Education: Master's or bachelor's degree in monitoring and evaluation; Engineering, Business Administration, Social Sciences, or any other field related to monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience: Minimum 2-3 years of professional work experience in monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning, working with NGOs in the field of humanitarian work.
- Strong Arabic and strong English skills, written and spoken and shows high performance to write reports in both Arabic and English.
- Excellent computer skills particularly in Microsoft applications, MS Office and data collecting tools using KOBO TOOLBOX and analysis software such as SPSS.
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, and ability to work independently, as well as part of the team.
- Excellent negotiation, communication, and meeting management skills.
- Strong planning skills and dealing with implementation challenges and finding solutions.
- Ability to work effectively under stress in emergency situations.
- Knowledge of different working standards and ethics including sphere standard.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل