Public Health Promoter Assistant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s right activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
Oxfam GB is a member of the international confederation Oxfam.
Five-year continuous conflict in Yemen have destroyed food security and livelihoods of many Yemenis. Food insecurity and malnutrition is currently affecting more than 20 million people, of which nearly 10 million are severely food insecure, with seven million malnourished cases. Food insecurity and malnutrition are more prevalent in areas with active conflict such as Hajjah, Taiz Amaran Saada, Lahj, Abyan, Al-Dhalea, and Aden Governorates where Oxfam is Currently responding to the crisis
Since the scalation of the conflict in 2015 Oxfam has scaled up its emergency water sanitation and hygiene assistance in those active conflict areas to improve the accessibility of clean water and reduce water born diseases of the most vulnerable women, men, girls and boys. The main objective is to save lives and build resiliency of the most vulnerable Yemenis.
WASH team to provide support in the implementation, delivery and management of the emergency Water sanitation and hygiene project work among the affected host communities and IDPs
To supervise, support, follow up the implementation of PHP activities at field level with participation Oxfam field staff, and financial service providers and local authorities including community participation.
- Accountable to the PHP officer for the direct implementation of Oxfam WASH activities, ensure traceability of all activities carried out, proper recording is required.
- Provides support for and implements program activity plans to agreed standards, following procedures and Oxfam Code of Conduct.
- Working in team and coordination with other WASH staff and with other department staff.
- Working with community members and representatives to facilitate the program implementation and proactively achieve solutions to problems arising.
- Engage with community to insure their participation and raise their issues , feedbacks and suggestions, and taking all of these in consideration and discuss them with the line manager and WASH team .
- Follow up community volunteers conducting awareness sessions on hygiene key messages.
- Regarding hygiene promotion activities, collect flat documents at field level.
- Carry out interviews, questionnaire, focus group discussions, key informants’ interviews, data collection as per plans.
- Data entry, MIS and archiving are required.
- Work closely and supervise community heath volunteers and follow up with their activity as per the plan .
- Daily follow up visits to ensure practice of hygiene promotion.
- Lead in community mobilization process and in establishing clean-up committee.
- Support field activity supervision and follow up, ensure data re cording (attendance lists, meeting minutes, delivery notes, distribution lists, questionnaires, etc.);
- Collection, consolidation and reporting of weekly hygiene data, necessary for the consolidation of standard project and strategic indicators (number of beneficiaries, number and type of activity performed).
- Flexibility to anticipate and resolve challenges within the operational context.
- Work patterns are high pressure and require proper judgement about basic adjustment and urgent action on routine.
- Makes local information accessible and usable by project management and non-specialists.
- Do any Other Tasks requested by the PHP Officer.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
- Bachelor or equivalent in a relevant discipline and /or substantial community development experience. First degree will be added advantage
- Demonstrable experience in WASH programs, hygiene promotion and/or humanitarian programs.
- Emergency experience with an NGO essential, with proven application at field level knowledge and experience in Humanitarian and community engagement approach.
- Knowledge and experience of gender mainstreaming and an active commitment to promoting the interests of marginalised people in all aspects of Oxfam GB’s work.
- Willing to work and travel to the Aden -office and remote communities for long periods of time.
- Enough experiences on-field implementation in similar work site, and communication skills essential
- Good management skills in managing and monitoring activity, staff, and other resources.
- Good computer skills (Excel and Word, PowerPoint), familiar with sending the email.
- Good spoken Local language (Arabic) is essential.
- Good written and spoken English is preferable.
- Pro-active and with excellent communication skills.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل