Shelter Assistant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
- Job Title: Shelter Assistant
- Duration:10 Months
- Location: Hajja
- PROJECT REPORTING TO: Project Manager
- Deadline: 22/09/2023
BCHR is a non-profit and non-governmental organization aiming to provide health, nutrition, food security and protection services as a humanitarian response to the escalating socio-economic situation in Yemen since 2015.
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, Shelter Assistant will be responsible for implementing Shelter's activities, participating in the field-level activities implementation assessments, verifications, distributions, and day-to-day data collection and reporting". The Shelter Assistant will be based in Hajjah Office
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the NFIs and ESKs shelters distribution team, and all assistance provided by the IDPs Project to the beneficiaries.
- Implementing the distribution processes in a proper manner and in accordance with the standards and policies of the BCHR (Sustainable Development Foundation), and the donor.
- Preparing the required documents of distribution before each distribution process, such as fingerprints, vouchers, and communication with beneficiaries and distributing tasks among the distribution team.
- Review, collect and archive all documents after each distribution process (paper and electronically).
- Participation with the Shelter officer in preparing the distribution plan.
- Executing all tasks assigned to him by a direct officer and project management.
- Participation in the verification process and setting criteria for eligible beneficiaries of assistance from the system and COBO data.
- Contribute to the assessments of the beneficiaries' needs for assistance (NFIs and ESKs shelter) and any other assistance.
- Submitting reports after each distribution to the director manager, including inventorying the stock after each distribution.
- Conducting warehouse inventory periodically, monthly, and annually, upon request or if the need arises.
- Ensure that project targeted beneficiaries most in need, and explore new and better ways to assist.
- Manage the NFI team in provision of NFIs.
- Oversee the activities related to NFIs distribution making sure that are in line with the donor criteria.
- Contribute to the improvement of processes, such as distribution of NFIs.
- Insure the protection concept in good manner during distributing assistances.
- Carry out any other relevant task to the position as requested by the line manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to distribution
- Basic knowledge in developing and following through on technical implementation of construction project.
- Experience in overseeing site/unit level construction activities
- Proven experience in performing assigned tasks in an efficient and effective manor
- Basic experience in coordinating the technical aspects of implementation activities carried out by Daily/Incentive labor teams.
The BCHR workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in BCHR Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equity. In accordance with these values, the BCHR operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل