Referral Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Position: Referral Officer
Location: Dhamar Office with frequent field visits to the targeted districts in Dhamar.
Reports to: Program Manager
Duration: Till May 31, 2022. Renewable based on fund availability and performance.
Note: Position is open for Yemeni Nationals only.
Relief International is a humanitarian and development non-profit agency that provides emergency relief, rehabilitation, and development assistance to communities worldwide. RI partners with communities in fragile settings to save lives and build resilience, dignity, and long-term well-being. All communities in fragile settings can achieve long-term well-being.
The Referral Officer is responsible for the overall management of referral system in the given project(s). He/she will ensure the referral system is running smoothly according to the RI’s Referral SOP.
The Referral Officer also will be responsible for scheduling, tracking, referral case management and providing reports with the Field Referral Assistants. He/she will represent the organization professionally and positively to enhance and promote the core values and mission of RI, always exercising utmost discretion, diplomacy and tact.
The Referral Officer works under direct supervision of the Program coordinator, he/she will supervise the Field Referral Assistants directly and the Health Facilities Referral Assistants indirectly.
The position requires a flexible working schedule. Allowing working hours during day and night times if needed. Due to the nature of the mission, flexibility in tasks will be asked for in order to assure the good functioning of the mission and the well-being of the patients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under overall supervision and guidance of the Program coordinator and in close coordination with Project Officers and Program Manager, the Referral Officer will be responsible for:
- • Ensures all referral services within RI’s referral system are delivered to referred cases according to RI’s Referral SOP and at the different levels of referral activity.
- • Works closely with Project Officers, local partners and GHOs to ensure well implantation to referral activity.
- • Works closely with Field Referral Assistants and other field staff to ensure activation of the primary level of referral system (referral from community to PHFs), this includes CHVs training, meetings with local community leaders and conducting of proper community awareness.
- • Raises regular reports to Program coordinator and Data management Officer.
- • Manages all incoming and outgoing referral processes.
- • Regularly updates the referral tools, supervise and train the Field Referral Assistants and Health Facilities Referral Assistants on the referral mechanism.
- • He/she is responsible for the overall management of referral focal points at health facilities level, this includes conducting referral training at the beginning of the activity.
- • When requested by Field Referral Assistant or when Field Referral Assistant is unavailable, he/she is responsible on giving the phone-approval for cases referral any time (24 hours/7days).
- • Monitors and ensures the proper application of the RI’s Referral Policies by following all the referral processes and their outcomes.
- • Conducts regular field visits to ensure successful application of referral system and to conduct supportive in-job trainings at health facilities level.
- • Builds and maintain good relationships with relevant agencies and service providers to support the referral pathways.
- • Responds to case feedback and complaints and ensure services are provided to beneficiaries in a proper way.
- • Ensures conducting regular case-verification mechanism during and after the activity.
- • Refreshes list of contacts, databases (patients, focal points and drivers’ databases) and services provided by each referral hospital.
- • Ensures applying Medical Data Confidentiality Protocols that protect patient medical and personal information according to RI’s Referral Policies.
- • Archiving all referral documents and keep hard and soft copies.
- • Facilitates admission procedures for the patients that are referred from the destination hospital in case of facing any problem, and do the regular follow up of the cases while admitted in the referral hospital and ensure that they are receiving good quality care
- • Provides regularly updated database of referrals, including summarized information and preliminary analysis, to the Program coordinator and if needed to the Program manager for activity monitoring purposes.
- • Works closely with the Program coordinator to analyze the referrals database for lessons to be learned and makes suggestions to improve referral system based on quantitative and qualitative standards.
- • Ensures that all referred cases are matching with RI criteria of referral.
- • Report any problem in a timely manner to the Program coordinator.
- • Performs other duties as assigned by Program coordinator.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- • Bachelor Degree/Diploma in medicine with strong clinical background.
- • At least 1 year’ experience working in the field.
- • Experience in case management, referrals, protection monitoring would be considered as a strong asset.
- • Previous experience working with INGOs is highly preferred.
- • Good in Arabic and English language.
- • Good command of Microsoft Office Excel.
- • Show diplomacy, good communication and has good interpersonal skills.
- • Possess multi-cultural flexibility and experience.
- • Strong organizational skills and good ability to make proactive suggestions.
- • Calm, listen rigorously, able to work under pressure and handle stressful situation.
- • Able to manage priorities, take initiatives and work without constant supervision.
- • Team player, and able to work independently.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and independence as well as “Do No Harm.” We value:
- • Integrity
- • Adaptability
- • Collaboration
- • Inclusivity
- • Sustainability
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل