Learning and Development Specialist This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), is an International Humanitarian Organization providing medical aid to populations in distress, victims of natural and man-made disasters and victims of armed conflict, regardless of race, religion and political believes. For more information, visit our Arabic website, https://www.msf-me.org/ar
Médecins Sans Frontières Brussels is looking for Yemeni nationals to recruit for the following position:
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
- Location: Coordination Aden
- Contract type: Fixed-term contract 3 months - Renewable
- Reporting to: HR Coordinator
Development, implementation, maintenance and monitoring of the L&D work in the projects according to MSF policies, standards and values – to support a continual high level of capability and performance to meet operational goals. Contribute to the development of L&D activities in the projects by supporting the Management Team in the analysis of learning needs and use of appropriate L&D solutions. Provides active support to staff (international and national) regarding the use of L&D tools and the implementation of work-related L&D activities in the project.
This position is intended to be anchored in a big project rather than in the coordination of a mission, with a focus on activating L&D directly in teams, communities of practice and in experiential, on-the-job situations.
- Defines procedures and ensures the implementation, monitoring, maintenance and correct functioning of the L&D tools, processes and plans in collaboration with the PDM.
- Manages L&D activities in support of and in close collaboration with the field supervisors, managers &/or field coordinators responsible for each department (logistics, medical, supply, etc.) in the project.
- Carries out learning needs assessment and feasibility studies in the project to provide line managers with alternatives and possible solutions. Upon approval of line manager, liaises directly with the staff to identify learning needs, supporting L&D plans & solutions and prioritization of requests.
- In close collaboration with the HR Manager, (a) ensures alignment and implementation of the mission-specific HR/ L&D strategy in the project, (b) plans & supports all L&D aspects of the employee development cycle: induction processes, individual and team development & learning plans, performance evaluations, relevant aspects of recruitment, as well as communication about and upkeep of L&D tools and opportunities, (c) ensures follow-up and evaluation to support staff in transfer of learning to performance after L&D processes and learning events.
- Develops L&D tools, processes & strategy when needed together with the PDM &/or HRCo to implement with the HR Manager and with project leaders & managers.
- Ensures the proper documentation, filing and the compilation of records of training courses and learning programs and regularly shares them with the hierarchical and with the functional report (HR Manager, PDM, HR Coordinator).
- Acts as a technical L&D specialist, providing advice, technical feedback about and follow-up on quality of implementation of L&D activities linked to operational needs and objectives. When required, acts in Flying/ Mobile role to provide L&D technical advice and support to other parts of the mission in collaboration with the PDM.
MSF Section/Context-Specific Accountabilities
The LND Specialist position is open in Aden OCB Coordination aiming to better support the mission in its learning and development capacities while the department is still in the process of implementation during second semester 2023.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Supports the remote management activities in the mission ensuring that all new managers and supervisors have adequate tools and knowledge and is activily looking for new tools or ways of working.
- Through HRCo, collaborates with HQ referents on different projects such as, Induction and Onboarding, mentoring and coaching, Feedback and Feedforward, Language policy, Detachment, and so on
- Follow up international trainings announcements, submission of applications of local and international staff, confirmation of acceptance and organization of travel arrangements (including visa application, international tickets, transit permits, etc.).
- Follow up detachments of local staff, from timely reception of self-assessment, validation, encoding in international detachment list, follow up of opportunities, creation of profile in HR Net, matching and all travel arrangements.
- Organize local trainings in Coord and support its processes in Projects according to mission annual plan.
- Ensure organization of workshops, such as evaluation and timely submission of its forms in Coord and Projects.
- Promotes online Webinars and Trainings through MSF platforms (i.e. TEMBO).
- Organizes LND events.
- Supports and promotes participation of staff in intersectional LND opportunities.
- Brief all the new staff on LnD activities of the mission.
- Is responsible for finding, updating and negotiating with potential training providers for L&D making and updating the list.
- Provides training and presentations when required, online or F2F”.
- Assists with translations when requested.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Degree in the field of HR, learning and development, organizational development and/ or relevant experience.
- Essential previous working experience of at least two years in relevant jobs.
- Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGOs.
- Well-versed with the employee life cycle and its related L&D processes.
- Experience in delivering basic level training courses based on adult learning.
- Familiarity with MSF L&D trainings and platforms is an asset.
- Fluent English and Arabic mandatory
- Results and Quality Orientation L2
- Teamwork and Cooperation L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L2
- People Management & Development L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Stress Management L3
- Career management L3
- Training L3
- Team Management L2
- Recruitment L2
- HR Strategy Development L2
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from MSF
PaediatricianDeadline:31 Jul | Hajjah (Abs)
Obstetrician GynaecologistDeadline:31 Dec | Hajjah (Abs)
Doctor AnaesthetistDeadline:31 Dec | Hajjah (Abs)
Obstetrician GynaecologistDeadline:31 Dec | Hodiedah
Medical Coordinator Support– داعم المنسق الطبيDeadline:04 Jun | Aden