Community Health/iCCM Supervisor
Job Title: Community Health/iCCM Supervisor.
Band/ Level / Grade: 9A
Location: Lahj governorate.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The Community Health/iCCM Supervisor (CHS) will be responsible for selecting and supporting community Health/iCCM volunteers (CHVs); assist Community Health/iCCM Officer (CHO) in training and supervising CHVs. S/he will also promote teamwork and linkages between the mobile team/health facilities and the displaced people and surrounding communities through the formation of a network of community resources people. In addition, CHS will be responsible for supporting iCCM program in the provision of treatment of key illnesses for children under five. He/She will support the iCCM CHVs on timely treatment of children for diseases such as pneumonia and diarrhea, as two of the highest contributors to morbidity in most areas in Yemen. The CHS will be responsible for sensitizing the communities and supporting them identifying main health problems and help them how to address those health problems. Also identify treatment interventions and actions that should take for treating child under 5 years from diarrhea, pneumonia and malnutrition, referral of children with danger signs, pre-referral treatment of those children, and provide treatment at home.
- Select CHVs as per set criteria from the identified communities and facilitate mapping of the community health actors, help CHO in assessing training needs and coordinating training sessions
- Supervise and provide on the job training to CHVs, review and evaluate the performance of the CHVs.
- Implement the community health services package devised by the Ministry of Health (MOH) in coordination with partners and supervise its implementation
- Guide the CHV’s in the implementation of the set action plans. Conduct weekly supervisory meeting with CHVs. Conduct regular visits to the CHVs in their communities to assess and assist in their work.
- Compiling reports of community Health/iCCM from CHVs and give a feedback and ensure that reports are of good quality through regular verification of the data.
- Assist with the formation of community health committees.
- Identify and report immediately to the CHO any problem that may interfere in achieving program objectives.
Requirements (Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities)
- Technical diploma or degree in medical science
- One years or less has professional experience in supervising community workers.
- Proven track record in crafting community mobilization, sensitization and awareness raising activities.
- Good training and capacity building skills
- Excellent knowledge of the working environment
- INGO experience preferred
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Computer literacy is desirable
- Fluency in English preferred.
- Ability to work after office hours to achieve assigned tasks as per need & priority
The IRC and IRC workers are expected to adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
How to Apply
1- Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link:
2- CV, Copies of the academic and work certificates should be submitted in the system.
3- Deadline for Applying: June 21, 2021. System will stop receiving CVs at 12:00 A.M, June 21, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل