Vacancy Announcement – Project Assistant-(Cash) - Saadah
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 39 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 20 million beneficiaries with 6,300 international and national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Ibb, Hudaydah, Raymah, AlDhalee, Saadah, AlJawf, Aden, Dhamar and Marib.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Project Assistant- (Cash)
Contract Type: Fixed Contract
Contract Duration: 5 Months
- Ensure a positive working environment and good team dynamics;
- Manage the team of daily workers and/or community mobilizers in collaboration with the (S) Project Officer;
- Ensures all activities are in line with general protection principles as relevant, including maintaining the confidentiality of beneficiaries and colleagues.
Meetings / Coordination
- Coordinate with direct-project colleagues and/or with other relevant program staffs - notably community mobilisers and potentially with engineer teams or AMEU teams / Community Committee Teams;
- Participate in external coordination meetings as requested by Project Officer or Deputy Project Manager;
- Communicate on the project’s activities as indicated by the Project Officer and in accordance with the Communication and Visibility Plan.
- Implement MPCA cash assistance activities in the field as agreed with the Project Officer;
- Establish extensive two-way communication towards and from communities/beneficiaries and ACTED (through Focus Group Discussions, creating community committees etc.);
- Ensure community acceptance of the project through positive interactions and clear communication with beneficiaries and communities in the field;
- Take into consideration the AMEU’s recommendations as communicated by the Project Officer.
- Provide regular and timely reports on the activities implemented to the Project Officer in writing as requested and in verbal when suited.
- Report any data collected in the field related to beneficiaries’ database/information to the Project Officer and/or the database team (ensure to submit KOBO collected data in a timely manner);
- Report ideas and/or information from project staff or field visits, which may assist in future project proposals (such as best practices and lessons learned). Such information will be included in reports;
- Take photos as identified in the field, when appropriate and approved by Project Officer; draft success stories and share with line-management, taking confidentiality into consideration.
Security & Liaison
- Considering/anticipating safety and security in the field for yourself, the team and the beneficiaries is priority number one;
- Immediately report all incidents to the Project Officer and/or Deputy Project Manager and or area coordinator if urgent, if anything;
- Ensure that project stakeholders and beneficiaries have a good image of ACTED thus increasing the acceptance of ACTED’s presence and activities in the project implementation area.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience):
- Holds at least a bachelor's degree
- Must have at least one-year experience in unconditional cash transfer activities
- Experience in beneficiary’s identification approach
- Experience in food security activities
- Field oriented personality: the position requires regular travels to the field for several weeks
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Advanced computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, as well as the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently with a variety of audiences (e.g. beneficiaries, community committees, and other team members)
- Excellent team-working skills;
- Flexible, with the ability to cope with stressful situations.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and a Cover letter in English to: Saadah.firstname.lastname@example.org
· PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: “Project Assistant- (Cash)- Saadah”.
· Please rename your CV as: First & Last name+ Project Assistant CV.
· Please rename your Cover Letter as: First & Last name+ Project Assistant CL.
· The closing date for applications is Monday, 05 Dec 2022.
· Candidates from Saadah governorate are strongly encouraged to apply.
· Due to the urgency of this appointment, shortlisting and interviews will be on a rolling basis and candidates might be identified before the closing date.
ACTED has a zero-tolerance approach to sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment (SEAH) and ensures that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited. All candidates will be subject to satisfactory references and screening checks in line with legal requirements. Any candidate offered a job will sign ACTED’s Code of Conduct and related policies as part of their work contract. All staff are expected to abide by the standards of behavior outlined in those documents. Misconduct can lead to dismissal.
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed above in regard to this job will result in disqualification.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل