Drivers (3) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES
Title of Position: Driver (3 Positions)
Job Opening (JO): 28489
Type of Contract: Temporary Appointment
Category & Level: G-2
Location: Sana’a, Yemen
Effective date: As soon as possible
Duration: Until 31 December 2021
Closing Date: 1 August 2021
Entering the seventh year of conflict, the humanitarian crisis in Yemen is considered one of the worst in the world with 80% of the population in need of assistance. UNHCR’s interventions focus on more than 4 million internally displaced and an estimated 135,000 refugees and asylum-seekers. Humanitarian access is severely constrained by administrative hurdles and ongoing fighting with rapidly shifting frontlines. UNHCR has a strong operational footprint in particular in relation to protection/protection of civilians, (emergency) shelter and NFIs and IDPs sites management (CCCM) both as UNHCR and as Tri-Cluster lead with one of the largest cash programme of UNHCR globally. UNHCR operations are managed by the Country Office in Sanaa, with three field offices in Hodeidah, Saada and Ibb, as well as in the South of Yemen through the Sub-Office Aden and a field presence in Marib.
To address humanitarian needs in Marib, UNHCR will open a field office. By now a variety of interventions has already been established, which include support of IDP and hosting communities access to protection services, largely through multi-services Community Centers; provision of (emergency) shelters and core relief items; CBI interventions in line with UNHCR countrywide cash strategy; support to the authorities in the management and coordination of some 70 IDP sites and to humanitarian actors in accessing such sites to ensure assistance and service delivery.
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Driver in the UNHCR Office is normally supervised directly by the Administrative Officer/Associate/Assistant or another staff member when the scale of the Operation so require it. Besides driving, the incumbent is responsible for up keep and maintenance of the assigned UNHCR vehicle(s) as per technical guidance and specifications established by the Organisation. S/he is required to follow strict instructions and security guidance provided by the supervisor. While the basic function of a driver is to drive the official vehicles of UNHCR, s/he may be called upon to perform minor maintenance and repair of UNHCR vehicles.
The Driver has regular contacts with staff within the UNHCR Office and with others (including Partners, government authorities, etc.) outside UNHCR involving a limited exchange of information.
- Drive UNHCR vehicles for the transport of authorized passengers, deliver, and collect documents and other items.
- Meet official personnel at airports or other locations and facilitate immigration and customs formalities as required.
- Perform day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicles; check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc. and ensure that the assigned UNHCR vehicles are road or waterway worthy and maintained up to the established security standards.
- Perform minor repairs, arrange for other repairs, and ensure that the vehicle is kept clean.
- Ensure that the steps required by rules and regulations, or other local procedures, are taken in case of involvement in an accident.
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.
- Ensure that instructions and security guidance provided by the supervisor and security focal point are strictly followed.
- Ensures valid documentation for passengers, items or cargo in vehicle.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
- 2 years relevant experience with Completion of Primary Education or High School Diploma or higher
Certificates and/or Licenses
- Driving Licences;
- Driving licence, knowledge of driving rules and regulations.
- DV-Driving Rules and Regulations;
- DV-Basic Vehicle Mechanical Skills;
Please also note that English and Arabic are essential for this Job Opening.
- Candidates may be required to sit for a test. Only pre-selected candidates will be notified. Only online applications are accepted (applications sent by email will not be accepted). No late applications will be accepted.
- UNHCR is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
- UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
- If you have questions during the on-line application, please contact HR Team well before the deadline: at firstname.lastname@example.org (Aden) and email@example.com (Sana'a).
This is only part of the Vacancy Notice. For more information about this Job Opening, eligibility criteria and procedures please follow this link (or go to www.unhcr.org /Careers/ Vacancies). Please follow the below instructions on applications for External Applicants.
Attached is also some guides on how to apply through UNHCR job portal
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل