Health Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Job Title: : Health Officer
Band / Level / Grade: 8B
Location: Lahj - AL Makaterah Al Dhale’e
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and in 22 US cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen Country program has been established in 2012, and currently is implementing integrated Health, Nutrition, Environmental Health (WASH), Economic Recovery and Development, Women Protection and Empowerment and Education programming in eight governorates. The IRC Yemen Country Program operates with main offices in Aden and Sana’a. Other subfield offices include Abyan, Hodeida and Al Dhale, with the Al Dhale office covering Lahaj, and the Abyan office covering activities in Shabwa.
- The position is based in Lahj – AL Makaterah Al Dhale’e and need to work with 2 Mobile Health teams (MHTs) and 10 5 supported HFs, and supported Health Facilities, and supervise Primary Health Care with field travelling in all the implemented district. S/he will be reporting to Health Manager.
- Assess, plan and implement necessary training for health staff, Incentives Workers (IWs).
- To prepare and implement plan for health activities, with the mentorship of the Health manager, ensure that plans are up to date, understood by staff and monitored daily.
- Participate in design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of health activities to ensure achievement of the project's objectives.
- Conduct regular briefing and supervision of MHT staff, and IWs assessing technical and qualitative performance, and providing on job training, mentorship and mentoring as the need arises to ensure quality service delivery.
- Coordinate health activities with MOPHP health units, health cluster, and referral hospital.
- Review weekly and monthly reports and provide feedback to the staff on the progress of the activities.
- Review project indicators and ensure that targets of the project achieved.
- Compiling the field reports using the standards format and submitting it to the Health, and Reproductive managers.
- Prepare monthly visit schedule for MHT and ensure the team follows the schedule.
- Ensure all required supplies such as drugs and other supplies are available for the use by MHT and IWs.
- Assist in other relevant activities as requested by Health Manager
- University degree in medical field (Bachelor) or public health field at least 2 years working in medical ward.
- Knowledge and skills in crafting and implementing appropriate and effective health interventions for crisis-affected populations.
- Analytical skills that demonstrate an understanding of the current context, priorities, and issues in monitoring, data collection and evaluation
- Ability to work collaboratively with communities and other departments within IRC, health facilities and other organizations
- Experience working in health projects prefer.
- Experience of capacity building, staff training and mentoring.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and spoken Arabic; able to communicate in English prefer.
- Good skills in reporting, including narrative writing and data analysis.
- Experience of a flexible approach to managing and prioritizing a high workload and multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل