Ended Emergency Food Security and Vulnerable Livelihood Officer
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty. That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty.
Oxfam GB is a member of international confederation of 19 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
- Take part and fully engaged in the assessment, design, planning, targeting and implementing process of the food security and livelihood projects and cash Transfer programming in coordination with local relevant stakeholders.
- Work closely with partners (involved financial service providers) and internal staff members to ensure all cash transfer payment and reconciliation process are achieved timely in accordance with Oxfam procedures and agreed standards.
- Ensure continuous and regular tracking for the EFSVL program activities in the target geographical location and meet the expected quality of the assistance as per set standards.
- Conduct stakeholder analysis at the village, clusters level and develop stakeholder management and engagement strategies in close work with EFSVL team leader.
- Conduct village mapping in the project implementation area with clear development of village profile, HH food security and livelihood profile.
- Work closely with PSCs, communities and other key stakeholders on the development of the plans, strategies, innovative ideas to improve the food security and livelihood status of the population.
- Pay regular visits to the targeted villages to identify the community assets prioritization.
- Pay regular visits to community communal projects sites to monitor the activities.
- Conduct periodic monitoring and analysis of the markets of food and non-food commodities and share the findings with the EFSVL team leader.
- Ensure quality reporting, both narrative and figurative, to the EFSVL team leader and EFSVL senior officer on daily, weekly and monthly basis within the set time.
- Support and build the capacity for the involved partners (PSCs, Financial Service Provider and local CSO Partner).
- Regular technical support to partner staffs, to ensure EFSVL program activities implementation meets timeframe deadlines and quality assurance as well.monitoring to measure progress, outcome, impact and reports to line manager
- In collaboration with the project team, partners and beneficiaries, conduct regular
- Work on proper documentation of EFSVL interventions and make sure all documents are archived properly.
- Maintain good coordination and clear communication with local authorities/ key informant stakeholders and VDCs in the target areas for work/implementing facilitation.
- Responsibility for the allocated target villages of the whole implementing process and he/she is the direct accountable staff.
- Working closely with the MEAL team to conduct the EFSVL assessments/ Baseline, PDMs and any required individuals or Households surveys.
- Participate in designing, monitoring, evaluation based indicators analysis for the vulnerability and advice for new program designing.
- Ensure the ESFVL Program activities are implementing in an integrated way with the WASH team.
- Address and mainstream gender principles/ issues in all EFSVL components and take into consideration the culture sensitivity and local contexts.
- Work closely with protection team to apply Oxfam agreed standards for the target beneficiaries and ensure no harm and safety principles are applied.
- Coordination with the logistic team for facilitating all logistician support.
- Adhere to Oxfam Code of Conduct and follow the developed security guidelines for the distributions, team movements and any security instructions by the security officer or the focal point.
- Do any other tasks requested by the EFSVL Team Leader or the EFSVL Senior Officer.
What we are looking for
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
- Bachelor degree in social sciences or relevant fields(s) from a recognized university.
- Understanding and program experience in emergency food security, livelihood, cash transfer programming and building community resilience.
- Good Experience of project management.
- Ability to work widely with local partner and government involved sectors in Livelihood and Food Security based gender equity.
- Strong understanding of local socio-economic development issues, institutions and local contexts for target communities.
- Commitment to equal opportunities and the promotion of gender equity in all aspects of Oxfam’s work.
- High Skills of personal organization, self-sufficiency-Competent and initiative.
- Demonstrable analytical, project appraisal, monitoring, impact assessment and reporting abilities;
- Mastery of narrative writing skills in Arabic (English is preferable).
- Understanding and well knowledge of Emergency and early recovery programmes based poverty context indicators analysis in Amran.
- Strong ability to work within team and consult with a wide range of staff colleagues.
- Flexibility and ability to manage work stress and to work under highly pressure.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
Attached below is the full JD in pdf
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile via the following link:
''RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.''