Ended Education Assistant
The purpose of an Education assistant is to set-up, support and manage the various education projects (EIE, YEP, ABE) under guidance of the Education officer.
In coordination with education directorate the education assistant will work on improvement of school physical structure and environment, improvement of teaching and learning performances through monitoring of teaching and learning processes in addition to Education activities with Youth (YEP) and activities related capacity building of local authorities on Education in Emergency EIE.
In coordination with Education officer and education specialty the education assistant will support in Provide projects planning, coordinating, budgeting of daily activities and reporting on implementation of education activities
- Work closely with the Education PO, EC and CC Advisors in the development and implementation of a clear and effective project monitoring and evaluation plan against qualitative and quantitative indicators ensuring that accountability and learning.
- Prepare monthly weekly projects activities progress report and report activities progress to the education EO.
- Work with the Community Education Committees (CECs) and ( GOE & DOE) enrollment of pupil to the appropriate education programs; and their effective learning in
- accordance with NRC standards and criteria.
- Prepare requisitions for distribute and monitor the use of school learning materials.
- Regularly monitor and report on the Project activities in the field.
- Cost, requisition and administer teachers', field based persons and activity participants'
- payments and entitlements .
- Conduct assessment on new school to start up, expand or end ABE or YEP programme.
- Monitor and report on any protection related concerns that are identified through regular
- school visits and assessments.
- Make school visits to assess, monitor and give support to teachers supported by NRC.
- Assist in creating awareness in the community on the importance of education especially
- for girls, IDPs, refugees and other vulnerable pupils.
- Assist in translating various learning materials from English to Arabic language for local
- Assist the teacher in developing learning material including teaching aids using locally
- available materials.
- Participate in trainings, workshops, meetings and seminars related to education and
- protection activities.
- Generate consolidated and costed activity plans and reports weekly, monthly & quarterly (narrative Reports).
- Minimum of a diploma; preferred in the fields of Education/ Social Sciences, but not mandatory. Relevant experience in INGO education required.
- At least 1-2 years’ working experience in education project with INGO or UN Agenises.
- At least 1-2 years’ working experience in education as a teacher in formal or informal education is a plus.
- A proven record of knowledge of design, and implementation education programme.
- Familiar with Southern Yemen situation and geography .
- Able to work in high in secure environment.
- Team Player, flexible, hardworking and able to cope with short deadlines.
- Good documentation and report writing skills.
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- The ability to take the initiative and work independently, innovatively and effectively with limited direct supervision.
- Ability to work within a team – supporting other departments is essential.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to remain calm whilst dealing with conflicting priorities/work under pressure.
- Good networking, negotiation and representation skills with the ability to influence and advocate.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal English and Arabic skills) and the ability to write clear, concise reports.
- Ability to work with others to develop vision into strategy and communicating and influencing this to a wider audience.
- Commitment to NRCs overall aims, policies and values with experience of promoting gender equity, diversity and the interests of marginalised people in all aspects of NRC’s work.
- Ability to travel in Northern Governorates, working flexibly and willingness to learn.
- 8 Months contract with possibility of extension subject to funds.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
Qualified and Interested candidates can send their applications via: