Ended Education Officer
The purpose of an Education officer is to set-up and manage the various education projects under guidance of the Education Manager.
The education officer will work on improvement of school physical structure and environment, improvement of teaching and learning performances through teachers’ capacity strengthening, and general implementation of Education in Emergencies interventions.
In coordination with the education team, the Education Officer will support in providing projects planning, coordinating, budget control and reporting on implementation of education activities.
- Generic responsibilities
- In coordination with, M&E officer and WASH/shelter officer conduct assessment of schools physical structure and environment.
- Implement education assessments.
- Ensure involvement and participation of directorate of education, education offices, teachers, schools management and students in activities undertaken in the projects including assessment and maintain good relations with all parties.
- Organize teacher’s capacity building workshops and learning events according to NRC guideline and mandate.
- Ensure implementation of NRC Education activities according to INNE Minimum Standards.
- Organize and facilitate workshop and sensitization sessions on education and child protection and other related topics with students, parents, school committees, education office and education staff.
- Participate in the organization, facilitation and implementation of training modules and training program for education staff.
- Provide organizational and technical support to NRC staff involved in education activities.
- Ensure projects implementation is realized in timely manner and as per objectives and planned activities.
- Prepare monthly / weekly projects activities progress report and report activities progress to the Area coordinator.
- Support Education Assistants with field-based implementation of education activities.
- Development of all technical work details for projects implementation, including detailed implementation plan, project design, BoQ and cost.
- Develop monthly work plan for the Education CC department.
- Adhere to NRC security rules and procedures.
- Ensure the implementation of the project in accordance to the agreed technical work and time frame; report project progress and project concern to the supervisor.
- Work closely with the M&E team, Education Coordinators and Project Manager, staff of other technical Core Competencies integrated with education, and CC Advisors in the development and implementation of a clear and effective project monitoring and evaluation plan against qualitative and quantitative indicators ensuring that accountability and learning.
- Conduct regular monitoring visits to project sites to meet the all parties involved in education activities related to NRC education for necessary verification of progress.
- Report any security issues or concerns to the security officer.
- Maintain contact with relevant local authorities or non-state actors, and when required with UN and other agencies; ensuring that NRCs mandate, vision, approach an activity is understood and accepted.
- Participate in the education cluster coordination activities, meetings, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree; in Education/ Social Sciences is preferred, but not mandatory. Relevant experience in INGO education required.
- At least 4 years’ working experience in management of education project with INGO or UN agencies.
- At least 3 years’ working experience as a teacher in formal and informal education.
- A proven record of knowledge of design, and implementation of INEE and YEP projects.
- Familiar with West Coast situation and geography.
- Able to work in high in secure environment.
- Team Player, flexible, hardworking and able to cope with short deadlines.
- Good documentation and report writing skills.
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- The ability to take the initiative and work independently, innovatively and effectively with limited direct supervision.
- Ability to work within a team – supporting other departments is essential.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to remain calm whilst dealing with conflicting priorities/work under pressure.
- Good networking, negotiation and representation skills with the ability to influence and advocate.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal English and Arabic skills) and the ability to write clear, concise reports.
- Ability to work with others to develop vision into strategy and communicating and influencing this to a wider audience.
- Commitment to NRCs overall aims, policies and values with experience of promoting gender equity, diversity and the interests of marginalised people in all aspects of NRC’s work.
- Ability to travel in Southern Governorates, working flexibly and willingness to learn.
- 8 Months contract with possibility of extension subject to funds.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Travel: Approx 25 days travel
Qualified and Interested candidates can apply via: