Ended Liaison Assistant
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Ad-Dhalee, Saadah and Al Jawf.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Liaison Assistant
Contract Type: Fixed term
Contract Duration: 6 months, Renewable
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Translate sub-agreements, letters, reports and any related documents;
- Provide assistance as required on day to day liaison with Government counterparts of the project at national and support to local level and program team;
- Assist in collecting information, data and documents relevant to specific activities and liaise with reporting and project development department in completing all required paperwork under the government’s regulation;
- Provide support in organizing meetings and consultation workshops under the project with the government’s counterpart as requested;
- Provide assistance and follow up to ensure complete administration for visa related requirement of international staff in Yemen’s mission;
- Assist in the processing of administrative issues and ensure a good filling system for all files and documents both hard and soft copies;
- Assist in liaising with government authorities, community groups, NGOs to better plan and coordinate activities as requested;
- Participate in attending regular meetings with the NAMCHA, MOPIC and other authorities as requested by liaison manager;
- Liaise and communicate with other ACTED bases as needed;
- When needed, attend internal meetings and share minutes and outputs on time;
- Assist in maintaining good communication with departments and in terms of implementation of system, procedures and programs;
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience)
- University degree in a relevant field;
- 2 years’ experience in translating official documents
- At least two years of experience in a similar position, preferably with an INGO;
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity;
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, as well as the ability to communicate clearly with authorities;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities, work efficiently under pressure and in changing circumstances;
- Fluency in Arabic and English;
- Good computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV & Cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: "Liaison Assistant-Sanaa"
- The closing date for applications is Sunday, 21 April, 2018
- Candidates must rename CV & Cover letter as (First & Surname + Liaison Assistant-Sanaa).
“Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date”
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification