Ended Community Mobilizer (3)
Community Mobilizer (3)
Terms of Reference
Division : Programs
Location : Hadhramout (Al-Abr)
Reports to : CLTS Specialist
Duration : One year.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
YFCA is a leading, Humanitarian, non-Governmental, non-Profit, non-denominational and impartial Organization established in 1976 to improve woman and child health. Dramatic changes in YFCA mandate were introduced gradually to accommodate the emerging needs of women, children, youth and vulnerable groups. From that Health perspective, YFCA programs incorporate wider thematic interventions including WASH, Shelter, and Nutrition, Food Security, Agriculture and Livelihood, Education, Early Recovery and Protection. To pursue its unchanging humanitarian mission, YFCA will thoughtfully continue its expansion process to respond to the ever changing needs of affected communities and vulnerable groups.
Under the direct supervision of the CLTS specialist, the Community Mobilizer will perform a wide range of duties starting with initiating and developing an awareness and promotion process of the newly established project and the goal and objectives it aims to achieve. In addition, the CM will be closely linked to the targeted communities and therefore works as a dual communication channel between the project and the community.
- Lead on community mobilization – explaining CLTS activities, objectives and goals to target communities
- Explain beneficiary selection criteria and facilitate community participation in the targeting process to target communities.
- Report any field problems or challenges to CLTS specialist in a timely fashion and take appropriate follow-up action after discussion with relevant staff
- Conduct regular field visits to CLTS sites to monitor work.
- Liaise and work with beneficiaries, community representatives, local authorities and other project staff to ensure accountability and best use of project resources
- Make a list of priorities in terms of information and awareness on questions of hygiene practice
- Delivery of information to the community
- Work with community volunteers/leaders to update village population
- Sensitize the communities within all the villages under Catchment area; ensure activities understanding and support from communities.
- Ensure the proper identification of Community Health Volunteers
- Support communities in identifying Community Health Volunteers if not available.
- Support and follow up CHV in organizing their activities.
- Ensure regular active screening sessions in relation with Health and nutrition unit schedule and support CHVs in conducting them.
- Ensure regular awareness sessions are conducted and support CHVs in providing them to communities.
- Support CHVs in following up cases at home (new admissions, defaulters, etc…)
- Support CHVs in producing screening and awareness monthly report.
- Provide CHVs with adequate work material.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, management or any relevant field with experience working in community based programs.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in NGOs.
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Professional English desired.
- Ability to engage with local communities in rural areas.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CVs email@example.com
by Wednesday Apr 17th, 2019 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.